Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

The Olympics! IDU Style.

We will have Gender Segregated Events| Anyway, answer this new poll please.

Poll ended at Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:19 pm

I intend to enter ONE nation into the IDU Olympics and RP it. Heck yeah!
2
40%
I intend to enter ONE nation into the IDU Olympics and leave it to luck to decide if I am a winner. *rolls dice*
1
20%
I intend to enter MULTIPLE nations and RP them all!! I love all my children equally.
1
20%
I intend to enter MULTIPLE nations and RP only my main. Sorry kids, Timmy is my favorite!
1
20%
I intend to enter MULTIPLE nations and not RP any of them. Starve kids!!!
0
No votes
I am lame and I am not entering anyone into the Olympics because I am lame!
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 5

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:40 pm

Gardavasque wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:31 pm
We already voted on that. They are in, the current at-vote is a coronation method.
Gardavasque votes "Aye" to using Xcorinate (Aye yai yai).
Xkorinate has Won with 5 votes to none!

The polls are closed.

Next up is Host City Bid, more info will follow shortly. In the mean time, thanks to all who voted!

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:28 am

Chair Announcement
Host City Bid
With a method of Scorination adopted, the only thing left between opening General Signups and getting this show on the road is deciding Host City and Deciding on a Sports List.

As it is the Host User who will be doing the bulk, if not all, of the score simulation, it seems only right that they decide on what sports will be played. With that in mind, we shall begin THE HOST CITY BID. I will Telegram all of those who expressed their wish to host these Olympics over the next 24 hours, to confirm that they still feel able (and are willing) to host. After the duration of the 24 hours have elapsed, we will move into a campaign phase (more on that then). The ability to apply to host will also close then. Anyone wishing to Host who has not said so must do so before that time.

To prospective Hosts

Please feel free to post any information (OOC or IC) that you think will prove that you are the best candidate. This could a written statement saying that you know how to run Xkorinate, in character city info, good ideas about hosting, or anything else you can think of. I will be formally enlisting the help of some seasoned Sports Role-Players of this region who are not prospective hosts (if they are willing, of course). They will aid me in coming up with a comprehensive list of the duties and privileges of the host.

Long Live the Olympics!
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Zamastan
Ingénue
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Zamastan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:52 pm

TOFINO, ZAMASATAN
WHY DO WE WANT TOFINO TO BE THE HOST CITY?
Tofino is known as the most exciting, attractive and welcoming city destination in Zamastan, and a must-visit year-round destination. We want the world to experience what our wonderful capital city has to offer.

Our corporate core values are these:
We live, breathe and share Tofino. Our passion for the destination motivates all we do. We champion tourism as a positive force for the city and are invested in the sustainability of our industry. We are powered by people. We cultivate an open, respectful and professional environment where success and collaboration thrive. People are the source of our strength. We are adventurous. We are empowered to take educated risks, pursue new ideas, and build big-picture strategies. We are driven by continuous growth and inspire industry leadership. We play with purpose. We value work/life balance and embrace opportunities to recharge and rejuvenate. We believe play enhances creativity and take inspiration from our surroundings.

SPORTING VENUES
Tofino has over 12,790 square kilometers of parkland area that can be converted easily into sporting venue area without major impact to the natural environment. There are also many existing venues that can be used for sporting events and can accommodate tens of thousands of spectators. Some of these venues include: Seals Association Football Arena, Whitecaps Stadium, Worwalke Bridge Stadium, Granville Arena, and Pollixtown Hockey Place. These areas can all be converted as needed by proposed events, sporting or ceremonial.

GEOGRAPHY

Tofino is located on the mainland of Zamastan, in the south-west corner of Zian province, the westernmost of Zamastan's 5 provinces. Metro Tofino is made up of 21 municipalities that occupy 12,930 square kilometres on and around the Zian River delta. The City of Tofino is one of them. Roughly speaking, Metro Tofino is bordered on the north-west side by the Zian Mountains, to the south by the Delta, to the west by Agrimai Ocean, and to the east by the far end of the suburbs of Arinals and Whitford.

The City of Tofino is on the far-western portion of a peninsula that is a major extension of the Zian River's delta. The delta juts into a part of the Agrimai Ocean. Several self-governing urban areas called municipalities make up Metro Tofino. Directly north of the City of Tofino is Tirzah and North Tofino, collectively referred to as “the North Side”; bordering the east of Tofino is the city of Arinals, with Delta to the south of the city.

ACTIVITIES
A cosmopolitan city right on the edge of nature, Tofino makes it easy to combine an urban getaway with outdoor adventure. From family-friendly fun to thrill-seeking exploits; from marine exploring to mountaintop luxury, you'll find plenty of things to do in Tofino.

If you're an arts lover, you'll feel right at home in Tofino. The city's rich cultural background has helped produce a spectrum of artistic expression and a thriving creative community.

Tofino is the perfect destination for those looking for the adventure of a lifetime! From heart-pounding thrills set against a spectacular backdrop, through to serene journeys into nature, and family-friendly fun, you'll find plenty of options to create smiles and build life-long memories.

Which way to the beach? Well, in this city you can find one everywhere you turn. You might not associate Tofino with beaches, but whether you're looking for a stretch of sand to spread out and relax with a good book, an outdoor court to spike a volleyball, or a catwalk to strut your stuff, you’ll find it here.

There's no better place for boating and fishing enthusiast than Tofino with its stunning coastline and endless waterways. Charter a boat from any number of charter boat companies and head out for the open water. The largest concentrations of these charter companies are located at Granville Island, Horseshoe Bay and Coal Harbor. They can also advise you where the fish are biting.

You never forget how to ride a bike. And that's a good thing because you may want to jump on one and tour around during your visit. Bikes are commonplace in this city and Tofino has numerous cycle paths and bike routes, ranging from easy, flat terrain around Gaviria Park to mountain biking on the famous North Side. Cycling is perhaps the best way to explore Tofino and its superb natural beauty.

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:41 am

Chair Announcement
Host City Applications
There are two main aspects to Host City Bidding (and I encouraged the individuals that I have already commented to add to the list if they see fit):

The In Character Aspect
&
The Out of Character Aspect

The In Character requirements will be easy. If you wish to host, please put a PSA on this thread describing your nation, city, its amenities, etc. This both shows your city's In Character ability to host the olympics and Your OOC Role Playing ability. Zamastan's is a very good example of this.

The OOC portion is much more complex. You should post it in this Thread. You will have to do the following:

1. Download Xkorinate (If you can't, you can't host, I am sorry)

2. Describe any and all RP hosting or Sports roleplaying experience you may have

3. Describe what sports/events you intend to run (the full list can be found in the Xkorinate application under "events")

4. Describe the approximate time frame you would run the Olympiad on (the fewer days the better)

5. How active are you/will you be during the time of the Olympiad?

I am going to be very busy this next month so I figure we extend the timeframe well into April.
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:56 am

Chair Announcement
Double Team
Running a successful Sports RP is hard work, but it doesn't have to be done alone.

If you would like, you may combine your host city bid with another bidder. It will cut your workload by 50% and you will not be penalized for it.

If you would like to combine, both parties should declare on this forum that they are combining.

Otherwise, the bidding process remains the same. Since the Olympiad would be hosted partially in both nations, both users should post their city info. You should also include who will be running which sports in the OOC part of the Bid.

You can actually divide the sports however you want. If one user wants to scorinate all of the sports and the other nation wants to post the results, that is fair game as far as I am concerned. You would just RP that half of the events are in one nation and half are in the other.

I would highly advise not splitting disciplines up between nations. All track events should be in the same nation as many athletes participate in more than one event. It would really be a shame to have to fly from Nation A for the 100m to Nation B for the 400m.

As always, thank you for your attention. Long live The IDU Olympics!

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:59 am

Chair Announcement
Sports List
Inclosed in your OOC part of the application should be the sports list. This must be the complete sports list of all events you would run were you voted to be the 2019 Host. Your Sports (events really) list must meet the following requirements:

1. The Event/Sports list must be complete
a. Each event's nation location should be listed as well (applicable only to joint entries)

2. All sports must come from the Xkorinate program (if it cannot be run by the program it will not be run in the Olympiad)

3. All Events should be equally available to both genders (If their is a men's 100m Freestyle there must be a women's 100m Freestyle)

If you are voted to be Host, your sports list will be automatically adopted. After the vote, we can open the signups!

Thank you for your time, Long Live the IDU Olympiad!

User avatar
United New England
Writer
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 10:15 pm
Location: New England

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by United New England » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:52 am

Nation Name: The Interstellar Commonwealth of United New England
Is it a Puppet: No
Delegate Name: Lydia Appleton
Host City Application: No
Host City Name: N/A

By the way, LOM, I appreciate all of the time and effort you’ve put into this region! You make the IDU a better place.

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:31 am

United New England wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:52 am
Nation Name: The Interstellar Commonwealth of United New England
Is it a Puppet: No
Delegate Name: Lydia Appleton
Host City Application: No
Host City Name: N/A

By the way, LOM, I appreciate all of the time and effort you’ve put into this region! You make the IDU a better place.
Oh, Thank you. You are accepted. Just in time(well, not JUST, per say) for host elections which will be happening... eventually. I plan to open signups for the Olympics by May 1st, 2019.

User avatar
Lauchenoiria
Global Moderator
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:00 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Lauchenoiria » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:25 pm

Nation Name: Lauchenoiria
Is it a Puppet: No
Delegate Name: Selena Suero
Host City Application: No
Host City Name: N/A

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:27 pm

Lauchenoiria wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:25 pm
Nation Name: Lauchenoiria
Is it a Puppet: No
Delegate Name: Selena Suero
Host City Application: No
Host City Name: N/A
Accepted. Thanks for joining the party!

User avatar
Zamastan
Ingénue
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Zamastan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:29 am

United New England wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:52 am
By the way, LOM, I appreciate all of the time and effort you’ve put into this region! You make the IDU a better place.
Yes LOM! You are working so hard in this region, we love your effort and devotion, my friend!

User avatar
Zamastan
Ingénue
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Zamastan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:27 am

Should Tofino be chosen as the Host City for the IDU Olympics, the following events will be undertaken by athletes who qualify for the games:

  • Men's
    Archery - Individual
    Archery - Team
    Association Football (Soccer)
    Athletics - 100 M
    Athletics - 1500 M
    Athletics - Discus Throw
    Athletics - High Jump
    Aquatics - Diving 10 M
    Aquatics - Swimming 100 M Freestyle
    Aquatics - Swimming 200 M Medley
    Badminton
    Basketball
    Boxing
    Fencing - Foil
    Fencing - Saber
    Golf
    Handball
    Rugby
    Tennis
  • Woman's
    Archery - Individual
    Archery - Team
    Association Football (Soccer)
    Athletics - 100 M
    Athletics - 1500 M
    Athletics - Discus Throw
    Athletics - High Jump
    Aquatics - Diving 10 M
    Aquatics - Swimming 100 M Freestyle
    Aquatics - Swimming 200 M Medley
    Badminton
    Basketball
    Boxing
    Fencing - Foil
    Fencing - Saber
    Golf
    Gymnastics - Acrobatic
    Gymnastics - Artistic
    Gymnastics - Artistic Team
    Tennis
    Volleyball
Last edited by Zamastan on Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Laeral
Delegate
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:00 am
Contact:

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Laeral » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:34 am

Zamastan, I'm assuming that within each of the events you listed, there will be multiple different versions of that event? For instance, fencing has both individual and team events as well as three different types (epee, foil, and saber fencing, each using a different sword).

Also, no handball? I'm disappointed. IC it's one of Laeral's more popular sports.

User avatar
Zamastan
Ingénue
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Zamastan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:41 am

Laeral wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:34 am
Zamastan, I'm assuming that within each of the events you listed, there will be multiple different versions of that event? For instance, fencing has both individual and team events as well as three different types (epee, foil, and saber fencing, each using a different sword).

Also, no handball? I'm disappointed. IC it's one of Laeral's more popular sports.
Amended. Thank you!

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:58 am

Zamastan wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:27 am
Should Tofino be chosen as the Host City for the IDU Olympics, the following events will be undertaken by athletes who qualify for the games:

  • Men's
    Archery - Individual
    Archery - Team
    Association Football (Soccer)
    Athletics - 100 M
    Athletics - 1500 M
    Athletics - Discus Throw
    Athletics - High Jump
    Aquatics - Diving 10 M
    Aquatics - Swimming 100 M Freestyle
    Aquatics - Swimming 200 M Medley
    Badminton
    Basketball
    Boxing
    Fencing - Foil
    Fencing - Saber
    Golf
    Handball
    Rugby
    Tennis
  • Woman's
    Archery - Individual
    Archery - Team
    Association Football (Soccer)
    Athletics - 100 M
    Athletics - 1500 M
    Athletics - Discus Throw
    Athletics - High Jump
    Aquatics - Diving 10 M
    Aquatics - Swimming 100 M Freestyle
    Aquatics - Swimming 200 M Medley
    Badminton
    Basketball
    Boxing
    Fencing - Foil
    Fencing - Saber
    Golf
    Gymnastics - Acrobatic
    Gymnastics - Artistic
    Gymnastics - Artistic Team
    Tennis
    Volleyball
This is a good start, I might encourage adding another track event and perhaps a biking event. It is ultimately up to you. I would also love to see your schedule (it can be tentative) when you get the chance. Thank you!

Post Scriptum: What about CALVINBALL?!

Post Post Scriptum: You also may wish to specify the type of Volleyball. Be it beach or indoors.

Gardavasque
Ingénue
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:33 pm
Location: California

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Gardavasque » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:29 am

A message from Adam Gripon, Gardavasque's delegate to the IDU Olympics...

Friends, Athletes, Olympians:
It is my sad duty to report to you that Gardavasque's Host Bid has been formally withdrawn amid a disgraceful corruption scandal. We would like to make it known that the ethical conduct of IDU Olympic Committee members, and their swift action, that brought to light attempts on the part of certain malhechores in our government to unfairly influence the host city selection process. This is not who we Gardavascans are. Please be assured a transparent and complete account will be provided at the conclusion of our investigation. I guess this demonstrates Gardavasque simply isn't ready for such an honor. Nevertheless, in the spirit of International cooperation, we are offering to whichever city rightfully wins the host bid, our complete support and assistance for a successful games.
Yours Sincerely,
AG

User avatar
North Cross
Mute
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:02 pm

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by North Cross » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Hello, this is the new guy in your region.

Nation Name: [North Cross]
Is it a Puppet: [No]
Delegate Name: Tove Dahlstrøm
Host City Application: [No]
Host City Name: [N/A]

I filled out the app in case there was anything you could use my help with. I have never taken part in one of these types of events before, and am a bit unsure as to how such things play out. Therefore, given my inexperience, I may be of questionable usefulness, but am willing nonetheless. Feel free to reject the application for these reasons, I would completely understand, and would still plan on partaking in the event merely as a participant :)

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:14 pm

North Cross wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:31 pm
Hello, this is the new guy in your region.

Nation Name: [North Cross]
Is it a Puppet: [No]
Delegate Name: Tove Dahlstrøm
Host City Application: [No]
Host City Name: [N/A]

I filled out the app in case there was anything you could use my help with. I have never taken part in one of these types of events before, and am a bit unsure as to how such things play out. Therefore, given my inexperience, I may be of questionable usefulness, but am willing nonetheless. Feel free to reject the application for these reasons, I would completely understand, and would still plan on partaking in the event merely as a participant :)
Nope, application accepted. At this point it is really just voting rights for the Host that you have. With that said, by all means, feel free to share any ideas you may have.

User avatar
Zamastan
Ingénue
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Zamastan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:41 pm

Representative Kara Vanderbelt enters the Zamastan Olympic Training Center's press room to flashing camera's and reporters shouting...

Thank you for being here everyone, unfortunately, we have some upsetting news. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Government of Zamastan in accordance to and with the partnership of the Zamastan Olympic Training Committee have concluded that our nation will be unable to host the IDU Olympics.

An audible collective gasp from the reporters as cameras click and snap and reporters stand quickly out of their seats.

At this time, we can only say that we are extremely apologetic and we understand that this will come as a shock and disappointment to our nation and perhaps many nations who would've liked to see the Games hosted in Tofino and across the Zian Province, but in good consciousness of what at the time will remain classified, this is the only course of action. We are, however, continuing to commit our athletes to their best performance, and we will send them to the Games wherever the Host City may be. No further questions, thank you very much.

Vanderbelt collects herself and her notebook and wanders off stage, leaving the crowded and now furiously erupted room.

User avatar
Shuell
Ingénue
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Shuell » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:45 am

WHY CENTRAL?

Image
The location of Central.

The City of Central is proud to present the Central Host City Application for your viewing.

Complete and Total Security - The rate of crime in Central is extremely low. As well, the Internal Security Division is prepared to protect any and all foreign athletes in the event that Shuell wins the host city application bid. In order to ensure this, personal bodyguards will be assigned to every athlete group upon arrival in Shuell. The Incorporated States of Shuell guarantees that foreign athletes will not be falsely arrested; as well, the home nation of an athlete will be informed of the arrest and will be given the choice of extradition to their home nation.

Rich Culture - The city of Central possesses a large array of museums, such as the Central Gallery of Weaponry, the Institute of Chemical Warfare, the National Shuellian Civil War Museum, the National Museum of Shuell, and many more. Come see statues of the important cultural icons of Shuell.

Facilities for Sports - Central possesses a variety of facilities for sports, such as the Central Multi-Purpose Stadium, Shuell Arena, Stieler Field, Townshall Winter Stadium, and other facilities are available for the Olympiad to use. As well, additional facilities could be constructed and set up for other events should the need arise.

Diverse Events - If any athletes are interested in seeing the sights of Central and places nearby, Central is proud to offer a large selection of tours and areas to see. For example, a military parade is scheduled to take place, along with a tour of the SRC Central Agricultural Labs. If an athlete is interested in seeing our fishermen in action, they are welcome to visit the harbor, where many of Shuell's dedicated fishermen work. The Central Marksmen Gun Range is one of the largest in Shuell, which is available for anyone over 18 to visit - the newest addition is the Rächer-MK7, chambered for the .50 VMG cartridge.

Provided Rooms - The Krieger-Metzger Luxury Hotel is prepared to offer their suites to athletes free of charge, with complimentary room service, pool, food, and WiFi.

Robust Transportation - Along with the SC Transit bus system, SC Transit offers a heavy rail elevated and subway system, which is able to transport athletes to and from the Krieger-Metzger Hotel to most, if not all, stadiums available.

Sports offered include:

Archery - Individual, Team (M,F,)
Athletics - 100 to 1500M (M,F,) Discus Throw (M,F,) High Jump (M,F,)
Aquatics - 100 to 200M (M,F,) Diving (M,F,)
Association Football (M,F,)
Biathlon - 20M (M,F,) 15M (M,F,)
Basketball (M,F,)
Boxing (M,F,)
Bobsleigh - Four-person (M) Two-person (M,F,)
Cycling (M,F)
Fencing - Foil (M,F,) Saber (M,F,)
Gymnastics - Acrobatic (F,) Artistic (F,) Artistic Team (F,)
Handball (M,F,)
Hockey (M,F,)
Luge - Singles (M,F,) Doubles (M,F,)
Skeleton (M,F,)
Tennis (M,F,)
Triathlon (M,F,)

M and F denote gender.

The City of Central and Shuell thanks you for considering its application.

User avatar
Shuell
Ingénue
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Shuell » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:52 am

For the OOC aspect:

I have downloaded Xkorinate and I am able to run it correctly.

I was involved in the IDUFC and Tofino Summit RP.

List of sports included above.

I have not yet decided on a timeframe, as I am unsure what the average timeframe would be. Once informed of the average length, I'll make a decision.

I'm online pretty much all the time, and I assume I will be active for the entire RP barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Apologies for the host application taking so long.

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:09 am

Shuell wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:45 am
WHY CENTRAL?

Image
The location of Central.

The City of Central is proud to present the Central Host City Application for your viewing.

Complete and Total Security - The rate of crime in Central is extremely low. As well, the Internal Security Division is prepared to protect any and all foreign athletes in the event that Shuell wins the host city application bid. In order to ensure this, personal bodyguards will be assigned to every athlete group upon arrival in Shuell. The Incorporated States of Shuell guarantees that foreign athletes will not be falsely arrested; as well, the home nation of an athlete will be informed of the arrest and will be given the choice of extradition to their home nation.

Rich Culture - The city of Central possesses a large array of museums, such as the Central Gallery of Weaponry, the Institute of Chemical Warfare, the National Shuellian Civil War Museum, the National Museum of Shuell, and many more. Come see statues of the important cultural icons of Shuell.

Facilities for Sports - Central possesses a variety of facilities for sports, such as the Central Multi-Purpose Stadium, Shuell Arena, Stieler Field, Townshall Winter Stadium, and other facilities are available for the Olympiad to use. As well, additional facilities could be constructed and set up for other events should the need arise.

Diverse Events - If any athletes are interested in seeing the sights of Central and places nearby, Central is proud to offer a large selection of tours and areas to see. For example, a military parade is scheduled to take place, along with a tour of the SRC Central Agricultural Labs. If an athlete is interested in seeing our fishermen in action, they are welcome to visit the harbor, where many of Shuell's dedicated fishermen work. The Central Marksmen Gun Range is one of the largest in Shuell, which is available for anyone over 18 to visit - the newest addition is the Rächer-MK7, chambered for the .50 VMG cartridge.

Provided Rooms - The Krieger-Metzger Luxury Hotel is prepared to offer their suites to athletes free of charge, with complimentary room service, pool, food, and WiFi.

Robust Transportation - Along with the SC Transit bus system, SC Transit offers a heavy rail elevated and subway system, which is able to transport athletes to and from the Krieger-Metzger Hotel to most, if not all, stadiums available.

Sports offered include:

Archery - Individual, Team (M,F,)
Athletics - 100 to 1500M (M,F,) Discus Throw (M,F,) High Jump (M,F,)
Aquatics - 100 to 200M (M,F,) Diving (M,F,)
Association Football (M,F,)
Biathlon - 20M (M,F,) 15M (M,F,)
Basketball (M,F,)
Boxing (M,F,)
Bobsleigh - Four-person (M) Two-person (M,F,)
Cycling (M,F)
Fencing - Foil (M,F,) Saber (M,F,)
Gymnastics - Acrobatic (F,) Artistic (F,) Artistic Team (F,)
Handball (M,F,)
Hockey (M,F,)
Luge - Singles (M,F,) Doubles (M,F,)
Skeleton (M,F,)
Tennis (M,F,)
Triathlon (M,F,)

M and F denote gender.

The City of Central and Shuell thanks you for considering its application.
Looks good! The only thing I personally would encourage would be specifying the cycling event (road race, box, etc.). As for the actual time frame of the events, that is probably alright to leave blank, it is hard to look too many months in advance.

This is a final announcement for Gladsynthia. I am going to TG you and @ you in an RMB post. If you wish to host still you have 48 hours from 12:00 AM EST 4/13/19 to say so. If not, you will be denied application privileges. Thank you.

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:38 am

Host City Elections


Regretfully, Gladysynthia has not responded to any means of communication and has been removed from the Host City running. That leaves only one Host nation, who has completed the application (The mandatory stuff at least).

What does this mean? It means we can start the much anticipated Host City Elections. This is also The official cutoff for new member applications and host city applications.

Since there is only one host, there will be only one name on the ballot: Shuell-Central. Members will vote either “Yay” or “Nay.” Not voting is counted as an abstention.

The vote has officially started. It will run for another 7 days, giving everyone plenty of time to cast their ballot.

Nota Bene: Unlike I explicitly previously stated, this vote will not confirm a sports list. I feel that more time is due on that itinerary piece.

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 am

Voting Anouncement
Voting has Closed. The Motion has Passed
Shuell, Central

Curently at Vote: (User) Shuell shall host the 2019 Summer Olympic Games in the RP’ed city of Central

Vote Began: 4/16/19

Vote Ends: 4/23/19 12:00 UTC

The following Members are elidgeble to vote

Shuell (Member/Host City Applicant)
Gardavasque (Member)
New Lusitania (Member)
Zamastan (Member)
Gladysynthia (Member)
Laeral (Member)
Trive 38 (Member)
Christos (Member)
Res Publica (Diplomat/Member)
United New England (Member)
Lauchenioria (Member)
North Cross (Member)

Please Vote: “Yay” or “Nay”

Votes in Favor
Shuell
Lauchenoiria
Christos
United New England
Zamastan
Laeral
North Cross

Votes Against
None
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Fri May 10, 2019 3:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
Shuell
Ingénue
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Re: Olympic Committee 2018/2019 (OOC Planing)

Post by Shuell » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 am

Yay, for obvious reasons.

Post Reply