IDU Football Championship 2018 (PLANNING/OOC)

Want to set up an RP? Plan it out here. [Out-Of-Character]
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer

Re: IDU Football Championship 2018 (PLANNING/OOC)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:37 pm

Laeral wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:15 pm
Libertas Omnium Maximus wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:32 am

So you are fielding a team with Girls? Wasn't this a Male Cup? If it works out well I would be down to have (or host) a women's championship. Obviously, Laeral deemed it legal, so can't argue with you from a legality standpoint. I just don't know. Fielding a team with a bunch of guys and a few girls seems wrong, out of place, odd. Especially when you consider that they are playing against mostly (maybe entirely, haven't checked) male teams.
I'm fine with however a national team wants to make their team, especially as I doubt anyone will create an IDU Women's Football Championship. Besides, we all know that if Kerlile was competing, their entire team would be women.
As I said, if there is enough demand, I would host a women's IDU championship.

Lumeau
Mute

Post by Lumeau » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Country Name (short form): Lumeau
Puppet (Y/N): N
Country Trigram (3-letter abbreviation for your country): LUM
Uniform (Optional description of uniform, +1 points for completing): Dark blue tops with a gold sash. Red shorts, dark blue socks. Badge is a silver parrot silhouette outlined in gold with the letters LFF in gold above it (stands for Lumeau Football Federation).
Team Roster (Optional list of team members, +2 points for a list of names, another +2 for listing their home clubs):
GOALKEEPERS:
Archer Ryley (Versailles City FC)
Marshal Neil (Stella Capitis FC)
Cliff Flanagan (New Home State University)

DEFENCE:
Rocky Holt (Port Raleigh Arsenal FC)
Jason Holmwood (Exford United FC)
Russell Booth (Lumeau National University)
Gilbert MacFarlane (Riverside AFC)
Kendrick Sullivan (Exford City FC)
Douglas Wood (Portsmouth Rovers FC)
Cole Kipling (Power and Light FC)

MIDFIELD:
Andre Brewer (Stella Capitis FC)
Manny Benitez (Port Raleigh Arsenal FC)
Jeffrey Stuart (FC Nova Azure)
Ty Dremers (Versailles Central FC)
Sam Castillo (Portsmouth Rovers FC)
Christian De La Rose (Exford City FC)
Erik O'Connor (SC New Home)
Benjamin Knight (FC 2014 Raleigh)

FORWARDS:
Sergio Gervais (Riverside AFC)
Dominic Anderson (SC New Home)
Mick Holmberg (FC Nova Azure)
Lucas Giroux (Stella Capitis FC)
Johnny Duval (Power and Light FC)

Your offense score and defense score are each numbers from 1-9. You an allocate your total points as you wish to each stat. Total points are the number of points you may have received from the optional parts above, plus 10 points for main nations or 6 points for puppets. Only 1 puppet per player.
Offense Score (1-9): 8
Defense Score (1-9): 7
Additional Notes (Optional, no points):

Dezriekian Delegation
Ingénue

Post by Dezriekian Delegation » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:40 pm

Dezriekian Delegation wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:22 am

The Dezreik have very little ability with soccer - with the notable exception of the Beran Triplets who, when playing together, form a formidable defensive line. The nation is one of few that is truely gender neutral when it comes to sport, refusing to field teams of single sex if the players have the ability to compete together. The supporters are amazed and proud that their National team has made it to the championship.
Droves of fans from the nation turn up to all games in the championship, even if their team isn't playing. The most common thing they can be heard chanting is "Wooo, go Sports!" and are more than happy to endulge in extravagant eating and drinking sessions pre and post match so long as everyone's invited.
:b2:
So you are fielding a team with Girls? Wasn't this a Male Cup? If it works out well I would be down to have (or host) a women's championship. Obviously, Laeral deemed it legal, so can't argue with you from a legality standpoint. I just don't know. Fielding a team with a bunch of guys and a few girls seems wrong, out of place, odd. Especially when you consider that they are playing against mostly (maybe entirely, haven't checked) male teams.
One thing I wanted with my government was a proper equality of the people - so long as they are capable there is no discrimination based on race or gender. I would add or disability, but it naturally precludes some activities due to actual limitations/expectations of certain tasks.

edit: And to be clear when I was mentally picturing my team these women were actually better in agility and teamwork which made them ideal picks for the squad. But if there is a general consensus against female competitors the Dezriek would be happy to withdraw it's entire team. (I don't particularly view myself as a feminist I just don't feel I could break my own set of rules that I set out to achieve).
I don't mean this to be an ultimatum as we are all here to enjoy ourselves and (mentally) kick back a bit - just be happy I didn't try to field bears as well :b2:

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:24 pm

Dezriekian Delegation wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:40 pm

One thing I wanted with my government was a proper equality of the people - so long as they are capable there is no discrimination based on race or gender. I would add or disability, but it naturally precludes some activities due to actual limitations/expectations of certain tasks.

edit: And to be clear when I was mentally picturing my team these women were actually better in agility and teamwork which made them ideal picks for the squad. But if there is a general consensus against female competitors the Dezriek would be happy to withdraw it's entire team. (I don't particularly view myself as a feminist I just don't feel I could break my own set of rules that I set out to achieve).
I don't mean this to be an ultimatum as we are all here to enjoy ourselves and (mentally) kick back a bit - just be happy I didn't try to field bears as well :b2:
I do not, by any means, represent the entirety of the IDU on this matter. Infact, I would bet that I am the only one that actually cared. I just found it odd, that is all. Do not change it.

Laeral
Delegate

Post by Laeral » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Lumeau, your application is accepted. We now have all 16 teams necessary for the Championship; registration is now closed. I'll post more details about how the competition will work shortly.

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Laeral wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:09 pm
Lumeau, your application is accepted. We now have all 16 teams necessary for the Championship; registration is now closed. I'll post more details about how the competition will work shortly.
Halleluja! Halleluja. Halleluja, Halleluja! Hal-le-lu-ja! *Orchestra Ensable: enter, stage right."

New Lusitania and the Algarves
Mute

Post by New Lusitania and the Algarves » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:37 pm

Finally we have the sixteen!

As for the argument above about the gender of players usually NS sporting competitions don't really care, and let you do whatever

Anyway, good luck to all participanting! See you in Laeral!

Laeral
Delegate

Post by Laeral » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:12 am

The Results Thread is now open. Good luck to all teams.