Tsiba
Mute

Re: Official Map 2020 - IDU Ministry of Cartography

Post by Tsiba » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:53 pm

Nation Name: Tsiba
Puppet: No
Capital City: Jishutsy
Border Nations: n/a
Description of Map Placement: Tsiba requests to formally be added to the map on the West Coast of Neria, parallel with Essena
Description of Capital City Placement: Jishutsy is located inland in the north of Tsiba

Laeral
Global Moderator

Post by Laeral » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:38 pm

A quick request on behalf of my puppet, referred to on NationStates as Andhra Republic: could you please change the name "Andhra Republic" on the map to its in-character name, "Andhra"?

Many thanks,
Laeral

Shuell
Ingénue

Post by Shuell » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:43 am

Although I've written quite a lot about Otika privately, I understand the concern. Presented here are 4 alternative options. Choose what fits best, though I'd prefer the first or fourth. The second and third are if the former don't work. https://imgur.com/a/ZGYG1xK

Gardavasque (This is just so you get the notification.)

Maraix
Ingénue

Post by Maraix » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:13 pm

Good day, IDU Ministry of Cartography,

EDITED: Because we working right now to set up our independence event, Maraix would like to rescind our request for placement on the map for the time being (i.e., depending on how the event shapes up, the original requested location may change, and I'd rather hold off being placed on the map right now, so I don't have to request a change later. Hopefully, this will save you work).

Gardavasque
Ingénue

Post by Gardavasque » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Shuell wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:43 am
Although I've written quite a lot about Otika privately, I understand the concern. Presented here are 4 alternative options. Choose what fits best, though I'd prefer the first or fourth. The second and third are if the former don't work. https://imgur.com/a/ZGYG1xK
Shuell, Otika added in July update. How did it work for you?

Gardavasque
Ingénue

Post by Gardavasque » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:40 am

IDU Time Zones. It has been suggested we specify time zones in the IDU. While this could facilitate role play by providing an agreed-upon standard resource used region-wide, it also could also potentially create continuity errors for some players' canons, particularly if they have already-established facts about time zones, map projections, lines of longitude, etc.

Please leave your comments below regarding your opinions on the following ideas:
1) Would you like/use an IDU Time Zone Map? Why/Why not?
2) How many time zones should the IDU have? 24? Some other number? Why?
3) How many time zones does your nation have?
4) Is there an equivalent of Greenwich Mean Time in the IDU? If so, where should it be located?
5) Does your nation observe daylight savings?

All comments left before 8/28/2020 will be used to reach a consensus on these questions.

Rough example of how proposed TZs might look (photo courtesy of Lauchenoiria via Discord):

Osirisa
Mute

Post by Osirisa » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:12 am

1) Yes, it would help clarify gameplay.
2) theres 24 in real life so that works for me
3) one, maybe a sliver of the nation is another.
4) centered on the free land of IDU I would suggest
5) No

Sorry for this being in improper format earlier, I wasn't fully awake when I answered.
Last edited by Osirisa on Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lauchenoiria
Senior Moderator

Post by Lauchenoiria » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:30 pm

1) yes, makes things clear and ensures differences are sensible
2) 24, if the map is a globe it makes sense and prevents undue confusion
3) 1
4) yeah probably. In the middle of the map to make it easy to understand
5) no

Legionas
Cabinet Minister

Post by Legionas » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:16 pm

1) Yes, to add another dynamic to roleplay and realism.
2) 24 is probably the best bet, since it'll provide minimal confusion.
3) 2 (East Legionas Time, West Legionas Time).
4) Probably in the middle of the map, probably where Pinnacle City (Debeeland's capital) lies.
5) No.
In Varietate Concordia

Xiomera
Delegate

Post by Xiomera » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:26 am

1) Would you like/use an IDU Time Zone Map? Why/Why not? Yes, it adds realism to roleplay
2) How many time zones should the IDU have? 24? Some other number? Why? 24, less confusion
3) How many time zones does your nation have? 1 (Xiomeran Standard Time)
4) Is there an equivalent of Greenwich Mean Time in the IDU? If so, where should it be located? I think there should be, near the center of the map
5) Does your nation observe daylight savings? no

Maraix
Ingénue

Post by Maraix » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:39 am

Maraix would like to submit a map placement request:

Nation Name: Maraix
Puppet: No
Puppet of: N/A
Capital City: Apōiti-Vex
Border Nations: N/A
Description of Map Placement: The Maraixian territory comprises a remote group of four subtropical islands located in the Tenebric Ocean, the largest of which has an area of only 7.1 sq. km. Because there aren’t currently landforms on the map that are small enough, remote enough, and subtropical enough to accommodate the territory, we would like to propose a callout on the map to the island group, located in the Tenebric Ocean southwest of Iskiram and Serriel/northeast of the Indigo Islands. This pic shows the location with a pink oval: https://imgur.com/a/O8g7WLu
Description of Capital City Placement: We don’t expect the capital to be called out on the map, as the islands are too small.
Other Notes: Because of the unique nature of this request, we hope that this callout will be as basic as the ministry cartographers would like; given the size of the islands, we don't expect that the IDU map would show much detail. Even a simple circle, box, or dot representing the territory is acceptable to us.

Sunemica
Ingénue

Post by Sunemica » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:09 pm

Above is the new map with my cities. The capital city is Nashai. Arcadia-Dazeber,can you please indicate your consent to be bordered by Sunemia? Any other nation who wants to do so feel free to claim my territory in the current map since I'm applying to another place.

Gardavasque
Ingénue

Post by Gardavasque » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:07 am

Sunemica wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:09 pm
Above is the new map with my cities. The capital city is Nashai. Arcadia-Dazeber,can you please indicate your consent to be bordered by Sunemia? Any other nation who wants to do so feel free to claim my territory in the current map since I'm applying to another place.
Thank you for your request. I'm not able to load the image posted. Could you please reload or send to me via Discord? Alternatively, you could just describe the location.

Edited: I was able to load you photo, so never mind. Special note: I am only placing Capital Cities on the main map for the time being. A future overhaul of the map will be able to include additional cities.