Amicus Unio Awards (Planning)

You're cordially invited to join the IDUs' famous festivals!
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Speaker

Amicus Unio Awards (Planning)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:28 am

I, the International Democratic Union States Assembly Speaker and International Democratic Union Culture Minister do humbly suggest the creation of the following festival/ceremony to you all.

Original Proposal (September 2019)Show
The Amicus Civitas Awards
Overview
The AAC Awards will be OOC awards given annually to recognize particular members of the community and commemorate their hard work in one of three fields. The awards will be given at the end of every year (Late December would be ideal) and will consist of 3 distinct awards.

The Awards
<!--NAME PENDING--!> - The award is given to the role-player who furthered the collective development of the IDU's canon the most over the year. This can be from Wiki entries, RPs that the user hosted, RPs that the user participated in, news threads, or just general world building.

<!--NAME ALSO PENDING--!> - The award given to the user who best exemplifies what the region stands for. The user should be an upstanding, courteous, helpful, reliable, and highly active member of the region.

<!--NAME PENDING AS WELL--!> - The award given to the user who truly was a the best team player. They should have always been on the look out for new users to help and make them feel welcome. They should be the individual who people go to asking for advice regarding some aspect of NS or the IDU. They should be knowledgable, welcoming, helpful, active, friendly, and always willing to lend and hand.

Eligibility
Any user in the IDU may be nominated for any of the awards so long as they have not already won the award they are being nominated for. One user can only win each award once. A user may also not be nominated for multiple awards in the same year. Also keep in mind that users, not nations, are given the award.

Nomination
Around December 1st of each year the Master of Ceremonies (a regional officer selected by the delegate) will open a nominations thread. In this thread players will be nominated by their peers for the awards. No player may self nominate. Nominators should state which user they intend to nominate and may also want to share why they picked this user for the award (however this is not required at all). This thread shouldn't stay open longer than 10 days but should stay open a minimum of 5 days (one of those days falling on a weekend)

Voting
Around the 14th of December (14 days after the opening of Nominations) voting should begin. All nominated users for the awards are to be candidates in this vote. All users (users, not nations, puppets may not vote) may vote for one candidate in each category. The user with the most votes from each category shall win the award.

Bragging Rights
Winning nations hold their award forever. They can post it in their NS forums signatures or do whatever they want with their award. They have ultimate bragging rights.
Final Proposal (December 2019)Show
Amicus Unio Award
Overview
The Amicus Unio Award will be an OOC award given out once annually to recognize a particular member of the community for their dedication to the region and exemplification of the region's core values. The award will be presented on or around December 30th after a candidate has been nominated and elected to receive the award.

Who Deserves the Award
The award should only be given to a member of The International Democratic Union who:
1. Furthered the collective development of the IDU's canon over the year. This can be from Wiki entries, RPs that the user hosted, RPs that the user participated in, news threads, or just general world building activities.
2. Exemplifies the values of the region. The user should be an upstanding, courteous, helpful, reliable, and highly active member of the region.
3. Truly was a team player. They should have always been on the look out for new users to help and make them feel welcome.
4. Should be knowledgable, welcoming, helpful, active, friendly, and always willing to lend and hand.

Eligibility
Any user in the IDU may be nominated for the award so long as they have not already won the award in a previous year.
A user may be nominated multiple years in a row if they did not win the award on their first nomination.
Users, not nations, are given the award.

Nomination
On the 1st week of December each year the "Master of Ceremonies" (a member of the IDU selected by the delegate around this time) will open a nominations thread. In this thread user will be nominated by their peers for the award. No user may self nominate. Nominators should state which user they intend to nominate and may also want to share why they picked this user for the award (however this is not required). This thread shouldn't stay open longer than 10 days but should remain open a minimum of 5 days (one of those days falling on a weekend).

Voting
Around the 2nd or 3rd week of December (date to be determined by the Master of Ceremonies) voting should begin. All nominated users for the award are to be candidates in this vote. All users (users, not nations, puppets may not vote) may vote for one candidate. The user with the most votes from each category shall win the award.

Bragging Rights
Winning nations hold their award forever. They can include the fact that they won the award in their NS forums signatures or in any other way they may see fit.
Official Rules and Guidelines
Amicus Unio ("Friend of the Union") Award
Overview
The Amicus Unio Award is an OOC award that is given out once annually to recognize a particular member of the community for their dedication to the region and exemplification of the region's core values. The award will be presented on or around the 1st of January after a candidate has been nominated and elected to receive the award.

Who Deserves the Award?
The award should only be given to a member of The International Democratic Union who:
1. Furthered the collective development of the IDU's canon over the year. This can be from Wiki entries, RPs that the user-hosted, RPs that the user participated in, news threads, or just general world-building activities.
2. Exemplifies the values of the region. The user should be an upstanding, courteous, helpful, reliable, and highly active member of the region.
3. Truly was a team player. They should have always been on the lookout for new users to help them and make them feel welcome. They should be a welcoming individual who is always willing to lend and hand.

Eligibility
Any user in the IDU may be nominated for the award so long as they have not already won the award in the previous years.
A user may be nominated multiple years in a row if they did not win the award on their first nomination.
Users, not nations, are given the award.

Nomination
On the 1st week of December each year the "Master of Ceremonies" (a member of the IDU selected by the delegate around this time) will open a nominations thread. Users will be nominated by their peers for the award. No user may self nominate. Nominators should state which user they intend to nominate and may also want to share why they picked this user for the award (however this is not required). This thread shouldn't stay open longer than 10 days but should remain open a minimum of 5 days (one of those days falling on a weekend).

Voting
Around the 2nd or 3rd week of December (date to be determined by the Master of Ceremonies) voting should begin. All nominated users for the award are to be candidates in this vote. All users (users, not nations, puppets may not vote) may vote for one candidate. The user with the most votes from each category shall win the award.

Winning the Award
Winning nations hold their award forever. They can include the fact that they won the award in their NS forums signatures or in any other way they may see fit. The award is the IDU's way of saying "thank you" to the recipient.
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Christos
Ingénue

Re: Amicus Autem Civitatis Awards (Planning)

Post by Christos » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Like the idea. I just have a few questions and comments.

1. What does Amicus Autem Civitas mean? I did do a google translate of it but I'd like know what you had in mind of what it translated to.
2. I think we should change the user can only win an award once. Maybe we can cap it like, a nation can only win an award category once and then can win it again after a specified time of the year. I suggest 3 years.
3. I think we should also start a factbook or a place to record the winners as well.

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Speaker

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:32 pm

1. Yeah, I came up with the name just off of my minimal knowledge of Latin so I cannot say for certain that it says what I want it to. It should just translate to: "Friend of the Community" but looking at it now I think I messed something up. I am still very open to names if anyone has any ideas.

2. Nah. You keep the honor forever. There would be no use in winning it twice.

3. I totally agree. That will be left up to the master of ceremonies to deal with, should we decide to have these awards.

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Speaker

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:39 pm

My question remains. Does anyone think we should precede with the idea, starting in about 20 days, or should we botch the idea.

If the answer is yes, we should pin down exactly what each award will be given for.

Regarding the name. I believe Amicus Civitas is the what I am looking for. No idea where Autem came from.

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Speaker

Re: Amicus Unio Awards (Planning)

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:20 am

Howdy All.
I've sat on this idea for while now and am ready to act. The thing is, I plan to change up some of the things from my original proposal. You can see the final product up top!

Bears Armed
Global Moderator

Post by Bears Armed » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 pm

It looks good to me.

:bear:

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Speaker

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:01 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 pm
It looks good to me.

:bear:
Thanks, I've gotten the go ahead to take this live from lauch so I'll be creating a 2019 Thread for it shortly. It will be listed under "Festivals". Thanks for the input.

(To the individuals seeing this thread and wondering what "input" I am talking about... it mostly happened off-forums) :P

NOTE: I updated the final draft a tiny bit but this is just an adjustment to wording, no concepts have been changed.