2020 Film Festival Host Applications

The internationally renowned IDU Film Festival is located here.
Lauchenoiria
Global Moderator

2020 Film Festival Host Applications

Post by Lauchenoiria » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:21 pm

2020 Film Festival - Host Applications

Hey everyone! So, as you may know, the IDU has a tradition of hosting a Film Festival, usually yearly. The last such festival was in 2018, you can see entries from the 2018 festival here. Traditionally, the winner of of the Best New IDU Film category is offered the chance to host, which last year was Gnejs.

However, both the winner and runner-up of the 2018 festival have expressed that due to time constraints, they will be unable to host this year. So, I'm opening it up to applications for who wants to host in 2020!

If you're interested, can you fill out the following form and post in this thread, preferably before the 20th March:

Code: Select all

[b]Nation name:[/b]
[b]Puppet (yes/no):[/b]
[b]City applying to host:[/b]
[b]Why would you like to host?[/b]
[b]Describe your applying host city:[/b]
Thank you for your application!

Zamastan
Writer

Re: 2020 Film Festival Host Applications

Post by Zamastan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:30 pm

Nation name: Zamastan
Puppet (yes/no): No
City applying to host: Tofino
Why would you like to host? Films are a passion of mine. One of my side jobs IRL is to review films, and I have already put a passionate amount of work into film-related things in my IDU nation. Tofino hosts a film festival every year, but we have not had applications outside of Zamastanian film makers. I would love to see what the region has to offer, and I would love for the opportunity to have the festival hosted in my nation!

Here are some links to films that I have put into the IDU universe:
Revolutionary Road
The Informant
Tofino International Film Awards

Describe your applying host city:
TOFINO is the capital city and largest city in Zamastan. With a population of roughly 12,870,000 people within its city limits and an additional 8 million in the surrounding cities, it's one of the largest metropolitan centers in the International Democratic Union, as well as one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse cities. It is a coastal seaport city, located on the Olympic Ocean and on the lower side of Horseshoe Bay. Founded by Percy Armillio in 1711, its history spans back over 300 years, though native Zamah St'ani Catica First Nations (specifically that of the Kelownan peoples) settled along the coastal area of what would one day become the famous city. The city is the largest entity of the Tofino-Arinals Metropolitan Area, which also includes the city of Arinals. The metropolitan area has a population of over 20 million people.

Tofino is the site of many important and culturally significant conferences, festivals, and other events, including the Tofino International Film Festival which hosts films from all over the IDU in a fashion similar to the IDU Film Festival, the Tofino Intuition and Ideas Conference which is a media organization conference dedicated to scientific, cultural, and academic topics, and many sporting events such as the Teal Cup. In February, 2019, it hosted the Tofino Leaders Summit, a conference of leaders and diplomats from across the IDU to meet on economic, energy, and military policies.

The government and military headquarters of Zamastan operate in and around Tofino, with the Congressional Hall (legislative), Zian Presidential Mansion (executive, President), and the Zamastanian Armed Forces all located within the city. Tofino is home to many national monuments and museums, primarily situated on or around Gaviria Park. The city hosts many foreign embassies as well as the headquarters and campuses of many international organizations, trade unions, non-profit, lobbying groups, and professional associations.

Laeral
Cabinet Minister

Post by Laeral » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:33 pm

Nation name: Laeral
Puppet (yes/no): No
City applying to host: Hanshui
Why would you like to host? I've participated in the IDU's film festivals since 2016, and that 2016 film festival was actually the very first roleplay event I ever participated in on NationStates. Last year, my submission won the "Best Classic Film" category, and I believe that since Gnejs is unable to host the film festival, the right to host it should go to the winner of another category at the most recent festival. Given that Zamastan is taking a step back from the IDU due to developments in his personal life, I think that I could use my experience with RP and the Film Festival to put on another successful festival.
Describe your applying host city: Hanshui is the third-largest city in Laeral, and the largest in the western portion of the country. Hanshui is a home of the Laeralian film industry, as many of Laeral's "Five Giants" film studios moved westwards to take advantage of lower production costs. Silver Harvest Studios and others headquartered in Hanshui, where from the 1960s through the 1990s the province became famous for its unique style of fast-paced fight choreography, showy, death-defying stunts, and local action stars such as Stephen Chu and Laurie Zhang. In addition to its rich film heritage, Hanshui is also a bustling city of six million, nicknamed the "Jewel of the Riverlands" and home to the second-largest airport in the country and a sprawling public subway system.

Zamastan
Writer

Post by Zamastan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:11 pm

Zamastan is withdrawing their application.

Lauchenoiria
Global Moderator

Post by Lauchenoiria » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:57 am

Deadline extended to 1st April as a result of forum downtime and disruption in people's lives due to COVID-19.