During the peace talks in Haven, it was revealed that Charissa Clarke was a Kerlian sleeper agent, part of the mysterious "Aurora Programme". Lauchenoirians began to ask: what is this programme, how did the information come to be in the hands of a Resistance leader, and, most of all, are there more Auroras out there?
In search of these answers, the Lauchenoirian Intelligence Agency has decided to set up a taskforce, with the aim of tracking down any more Kerlian sleeper agents, and discovering just what Kerlile have been up to.
They invite other countries to join - after all, Auroras could be anywhere. And you wouldn't want one to become your Prime Minister, would you?
1. No WMDs
2. No invasions of Kerlile (or anywhere else, for that matter)
3. The majority of this RP will be covert ops. This will not become a war.
4. Don’t go killing others’ characters without permission.
5. Modern tech only
6. Open to all IDU nations, but please fill in the form at the end of this post to participate.
7. No graphic descriptions of torture - imply, don't describe.
What we know so far (IC):
The Aurora Programme was first revealed during the peace talks in Haven, Sanctaria which ended the Second Lauchenoirian Civil War. A USB containing information identifying Prime Minister Clarke as a Kerlian sleeper agent found its way into the hands of Jae Chung, a member of the Lauchenoirian Resistance who escaped Annatown during the Gonhogian assault. There is a link to the contents of the USB at the end of this post.
It is thought, although not proven, that Auroras are taken at the age of approximately 3 from orphanages in Kerlile to somewhere called the Aurora Centre in the Julietta Region of Kerlile. It was also heavily implied in the documentation that the girls’ parents are killed. In a later leak, it was revealed that the Pierre family of Kerlile are in charge of the Aurora Programme – however, the evidence for this was insufficient to secure a conviction of Pierre in court, so it is not strong.
The contents of the USB were collated by Councillor Carmen Robinson of Kerlile, some of them in 2017 – which is before Clarke was ordered to carry out her mission. So, Robinson has been collecting these for a while. She was in hiding for a while after that as a result, and later spent some time in a Kerlian prison and was tortured. The Robinsons have a family feud with the Pierres after Carmen’s grandmother tried to stage a coup against Pauline’s grandmother – which resulted in the death of the Joanne Robinson.
What we know OOC that is not yet known IC:
- There are between 6-8 Auroras in most countries
- These Auroras will have been born between 1966 and 2003. There will be none outside of this age range.
- They are exceptionally well trained in fighting, resisting torture (and in carrying it out).
- All Auroras will have false documents that 'prove' they are citizens of their assigned countries.
- They will speak all official languages of their assigned countries.
- They will have three names: a birth name, a training name, and a cover name. They will likely not know their own birth name.
- They tend to get jobs which will enable them to have influence: in politics, the civil service, the military etc. In super capitalist nations, potentially in big corporations.
- No two Auroras assigned to the same country will be the same age, or will be consecutive ages. It is likely that your Auroras will be an even spread of ages between 16 and 53.
Familiarity with the RP titled “Have I Got Coups for You” is not necessary, however there are several posts which are somewhat relevant, which it may be a good idea to familiarise yourself with. There are also posts in the TRC RP which may be relevant. These are linked below:
(the relevant part is below the heading 19:00, the post is very long)
Contents of Jae Chung’s USB [VERY IMPORTANT]:
(will be referenced extensively)
Lauchenoiria v. Pierre (TRC):
Lauchenoiria v. Clarke (TRC):
You may use as many puppets as you wish. The question about WA membership is only so I know if you’re restricted by WA legislation in what you can do (provided, of course, you are compliant with the relevant resolutions).
The faction options are as follows: you may join the joint taskforce and work with Lauchenoiria to catch Auroras in your nations together. This task force may engage in some activities some nations may find... dodgy. Please join this taskforce if you are at any point planning to torture and/or kill Auroras. You may work alone to hunt down Auroras in your nation only. You may join the humane taskforce, which will also hunt down Auroras but will treat them well and will definitely not kill them - this taskforce will find their job harder. And, it is possible but unlikely, that you could work with Kerlile in trying to stop the Auroras being caught. And there is an option of none of the above, but if you choose this then please specify your general plan in further information.
Code: Select all
[b]Nation name:[/b] [b]Is your nation a WA member?[/b] [b]Number of Auroras in your nation (up to 8 ):[/b] [b]Faction:[/b] [b]Does your nation ever torture prisoners?[/b] [b]Does your nation have the death penalty?[/b] [b]Speciality of your intelligence service (if any):[/b] [b]Any further information:[/b]
This RP is expected to begin in early October. Also, if anyone wants to suggest a good title, be my guest! Just post your suggestion in this thread. Once I have a few suggestions I will either put it to a vote or just choose one, depending on whether I am in a democratic Lauchenoirian, or dictatorial Kerlian, mood.
SIGN-UPS NOW OPEN