Liberations

Discussion related to WA proposals, resolutions, and rules.
Enn
Writer

Liberations

Post by Enn » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:36 am

I'm not sure how much other IDUers have been following the recent debates in the main SC forum. I have been, and I find a bad taste in my mouth. Which increases with every new turn of events. That's the main reason why I switched Enn's vote on Liberations to an automatic Abstention.

There's a lot of really mean debate going on, and no real facts being displayed, by any side in the Liberation debates. In the latest, Land of the Liberals, we've got duelling natives arguing both FOR and AGAINST the Liberation.

What I am proposing is that the IDU abstain from future Liberation votes. I will cast the one for Land of the Liberals (currently looking like FOR), but after that, the Delegate abstains. No approving of Liberate proposals, no casting the Delegate votes when it comes to the floor.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Arguments for and against?

Hindopia
Ingénue

Liberations

Post by Hindopia » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:48 am

I agree with this. I only voted FOR Liberate Land of the Liberals because the argument was sound. But with liberations being thrown around for any situation these days, it would be better to just leave it as an abstention. And with the revelation that natives are arguing amongst each other just reinforces my position.

Yeldan IDU Territory
Ingénue

Liberations

Post by Yeldan IDU Territory » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:21 am

Personally I'm planning to abstain on all liberations from now on. There's so much deception and backroom politicking going on that it's impossible to trust either side.