The Guild Square Journal. Shens number once source of news

National Newswires - Information from YOUR nation! [In-Character]
Shen
Ingénue

The Guild Square Journal. Shens number once source of news

Post by Shen » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:47 pm

The Guild Square Journal

Shens number one source for news
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Imperial delegation arrives in Xiomera

In the early morning hours of October 11th, Air command 6, touched down at Empress Camaxtica Military Headquarters Complex in Xiomera. Traveling aboard was an elite delegation, counting Princess Wu Zhou and Prince-General Wu Sangui and their families. The royal family had made it clear that they would send a delegation to the funeral but who exactly would be going was not confirmed until today.

The Prince and Princess, as well as their families, were greeted with as much warmth and honor as a state in such deep morning as Xiomera could muster. Disembarking from a plane almost as soon as they had landed, the Princess made a short speech to the assembled delegates and press.

" It is under the most saddening circumstances that I have the honor of being hosted by Xiomera. My brother and I both knew the emperor personally and had enormous respect for the man. My mother, the God Empress weeps with Xiomera. In our culture, it is common for those who hold the rank of Emperor to refer to themselves as dragons. But it is so rare for people to live up to that designation. Emperor Topilpopoca showed us all that it not only is possible to live up to that title. It's possible to go above it. Thank you"

Shortly after the speech, the delegation was taken by armored car to Atlichoyoayan Palace where they will be staying while they are in shen. The delegation was greeted by warm cheers from the morning crowds. The Imperial delegation is expected to stay till after the selection of a new Emperor is complete

Sho Wulou _ GSJ Xiomera desk chief

Shen
Ingénue

Re: The Guild Square Journal. Shens number once source of news

Post by Shen » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:26 pm

The Guild Square Journal

_
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yan Separatist Sieze school in shen. ((updated))

In an upresdent move of cowardice and deceit, the Movement for the liberation of Yan, a Septan terrorist group, seized control of the Dhanzi Testing center, while students were taking their civil service exams.
A group of between 10 and 20 armed men, entered the school at 9:15 AM, just as the testing period was begging, and took the instructors, and the test takers hostage.

At 9:22 the first units of the Dhanzian police force, moved in to create a perimeter around the school. At 9:30, police established a dialogue with the hostage-takers, and have tried to negotiate with these radical thugs.
The MLY, has published a list of demands, demand freedom for the Yan provice, and for the Shen minority, to leave what the Septas view as their traditional homeland.

((update))

HOSTAGES LIBERATED.
At 11:03, two hours into the deadly standoff, the EIU Squad 3, Elite members of the Imperial guard, trained for stealthy urban warfare, arrived on seen, sent by the Empress herself, to rescue the shen citizens.

The group of 30 commands, took command of the situation. After supplying the local police with gas masks, they released a localized Airborn anesthetic, into the school, causing the attacker to pass out.

After using drones to confirm that the attacker where incapacitated, EIU Squad 3 moved in to secure the building, and rescue the hostages.

By 11:21, they had secured all the hostages, and attackers, with zero casualties, reported on both sides.

Tsering Paldrön, the leader of the Organization for the preservation of Septas tradition, has condemned the attack, releasing a statement saying

“These cowards do not speak for the Septans, our people respect our peaceful traditions, and want only to preserve our culture and traditions, as we continue to be loyal citizens of the Shen empire. I renew my call for all MLY members, to lay down there arms, and seek peace”

Sorce from the Celestial Palace, says that EIU Squad 3 is to be honored by the Empress herself, but as of right now, there have been no confirmations.

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:07 am

The Guild Square Journal

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
God-Empress Wu officially endorse Yauhmi

At 7 a.m. local time, Xiomerians following the official social media accounts of the Shen Embassy, found a video posted to their feeds. This Is not unusual since the embassy regularly post videos about diplomatic or cultural functions they are hosting as well as videos talking about the deep relationship the two countries share. But this one is far different than any video they have ever posted.

Making an extremely rare appearance in person, a video featuring Empress Wu, dressed in full Imperial regalia and sitting on the Heavenly Throne within the golden Tower, has spread across the net like wildfire. In it the elusive head of state official officially endorsed former Empress Yaumi as the shens prefered candidate for the obsidian throne.

In the short 5 minute video the empress spoke in Xiomeran Huenyan,( the first time she has ever been recorded speaking another language) highlighted the career of the empress as well as the personal relationship that they have shared since her husband was elected empress.

She complimented the empress's vision for the future and ended the endorsement speech by saying

" i have enormous respect for Tepilcayot, but it is my belief, informed by my years of personal friendship that only Yauhmi truly understands the complexities of the world we live in and possesses the right characteristics to continue Xiomeras path of prosperity and progress.

And she is the only candidate I trust to maintain the essential relationship that our two Nations have enjoyed for so many decades.

So because of her vision, her experience, her wisdom, and her knowledge I give my full support and endorsement to Yaumi, and I ask all of those experts who are going to be choosing the future of Xiomera, to lend her your support as well. With her on the obsidian throne, our people can grow strong together"

The exact implications of the endorsements are unknown. The God Empress consistently pulls over 65% amongst the general populace, one of the most popular foreign leaders second only to the president of kerille amongst average citizens, as well as having strong ties to the business community, as Xiomeran businesses have taken advantage of Shens status as one of the fastest growing economies on the planet to invest heavily in the nation.

Analysts are sure to be working overtime to see exactly how this endorsement will affect election in the days to come

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:27 am

The Guild Square Journal

Guns & Gold. Weapons industry stocks on the rise!

It was a busy day at the Guild Square Exchange as news relating to the Kelowna Stars successful test firing of an InterContinental missile hit the market. Fears and jeers cause violence swings in the commodity and Export manufacturing sector, but nowhere saw the greatest gains than the defence industry.

Rumors of the Shen Navy tripling its order of Sousou class anti-submarine Destroyers from 2 to 6, as well as other negative reactions from around the world, has sparked fears of a potential Naval arms race. Fears that are fueling a rapid rise in the stock of arms manufacturers the world over.

While many investors are keen to take advantage of this opportunity, with one going so far as to calling it "an act of alchemy, literally turning steel into gold" other investors are advising caution

" we've seen this beforeh" Hui Yan, a long-time Guild Square Trader told the journal

" rises in international tensions can have dramatic short term effects on the market. How many times have we seen the market return to normal after those tensions have passed? It's important for people to not get too caught up in the short-term trends, or they risk losing their robes when the stock prices normalize."

While their stock prices are rising industry leaders are saying that they are committed to meeting the world's defense needs no matter what they will be.

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:44 pm

The Guild Square Journal

In a Historic ceremony, attended by Sandra Pavía, the Lauchnorain foreign minister, and the newly appointed Ambassador Zhang Xiao, the first Shen embassy in the history of the nation has been officaly opened. Although the nations have had historically strained relations, stemming from the open hostility the Lauchnorian communist party has had for the Shen Empire since there founding, recent event have brought the nations closer together. The successful capitalist referendum and the conclusion of the Lauchnoain civil war have opened a path to a more cordial relationship that both nations are keen to take advantage of. With the increasing number of Lauchnorian refugees, tourists, and business people living and working in the empire, it was deemed necessary by both nations to exchange ambassadors and establish formal diplomatic relations.

The Ceremony marking the opening of the Shens temporary embassy was held at 12:10 PM on november 2nd. Ambassador Zhang Xiao, the youngest currently serving Shen ambassador at 31, made a speech at the opening saying

“It is the highest honor of my life, to be selected as the first Ambassador, from her Majesty to Lauchnoria. I look forward to improving our relations and putting out troubled passed behind us. There are more things alike, between the Shen and the Laucnorians then there are things diffrent. It is my hope that the dragon and the butterfly may fly side by side, and prosper together. Thank you.”

Minister Pavía was quoted saying “I am very happy to be here today to welcome Ambassador Zhang Xiao to Lauchenoiria today. This is a vital move towards improving our relationship with the Shen Empire, and I am glad we are finally taking this important step."

After the ceremony, the Ambassador served a traditional shen lunch to all those in attendance, and the embassy staff got to work, procession vacation visa applications.

This embassy is only temporary, with a permanent embassy currently under construction. Its believed then the shen diplomatic mission will move into the new embassy, by May of 2020, but no exact date has been confirmed.

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:41 am

The Guild Square Journal

Empress Yahumi Declares Victory.

After weeks of debate, discussion and intrigue, the council of experts has finally made their decision. The Hueyi Tecocalli has announced that Empress Yahumi, has been declared the successor to her husbands legacy, and has been elected to sit on the obsidian throne.

This is a shock to many going into the election, with most people prediction that Teplicayotl would be elected emperor, but a combination of strategic endorsement, smart lobbying efforts, and excellent handling of accusations of having an affair, has proven them wrong.

The God-Empress released a statement congratulating the new empress, saying

“I am overjoyed, that the Council of Experts have made the right choice, and picked the woman who is truly the most capable of her countrymen, to lead the nation. The Shen Empire wish that heaven bless your Reign. “

While there is no dought many challenges ahead for the new regime in Xiomera, the Empress can no dought sleep a little more soundly tonight, knowing that the hard-fought campaign is over.

We at the GJS editorial team would also like to take a moment to congratulate the empress and good fortune in her years to come.

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:30 pm

The Guild Square Journal

President Greenwood gives address and answers questions at banking student union.
In what was no doubt a surprise to many students, the former head of state of Kerille, president Greenwood was hosted by the Biaking Student Union this Monday. The surprise event was announced the morning of the address but even with the relatively sudden announcement, the union was absolutely packed.

This is the first time a president of the matriarchy has ever made a public appearance within the Shen empire, in the entire existence of Kerille. Many political commentators suggest that this could mark a shift in attitudes between the two countries towards a more friendly and open relationship.

During the 45 minute address and the following 30 minutes question and answer section with the assembled students, president Greenwood spoke on a number of topics. She spoke on her life growing up in the matriarchy, as well as on the finer points of the feminist ideology that guides her Republic. The students asked her questions about her life, her opinion on the state of Imperial politics, as well as what she plans to do now that she has stepped down from her position as president.

At the conclusion of the address and the Q&A session, president Greenwood was presented with a golden brooch that had belongs to Ye Ying Fal the first Imperial ambassador to the matriarchy.

Those in attendance said that the address was one of the best of the Union has hosted in years. And the president of the Student Union has extended an open invitation to the president's to return any time she'd like.

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:56 am

The Guild Square Journal

Joanna Greenwood joins Biaking university staff
Biaking Univesity Chancellor, Joah Lin announced today that Joanna Greenwood, the Former president of Kerille, will be joining the university staff, starting in the 1st trimester of 2020.

Writing in a prepared statement to the media “we are extremely excited to have President Greenwood join our staff for the 2020 school year, and we hope she will stay with us for many years to come. “

The University indicated that President Greenwood would be teaching Feminist History and women’s study as her primary classes, but does not rule out the possibility of her teaching more classes at a later date

The former head of state of Kerillie, also released a statement through the university saying "I am pleased to have this opportunity to play a part in the education of the next generation. I have always valued knowledge, and it will give me great pleasure to pass the knowledge and wisdom I have gained onto those who I am sure will in the future build a better and brighter world."

While this is quite a surprise to many outside observers, Biaking university is known for attracting top talent from all over the world to teach. It is not know exactly how they were able to attract the former president to teach in Shen, but the chancellor alluded to it being an offer she could not refuse.

Sorces close to the university, claim that President Greenwood will move into staff housing at Biaking university within the next few days

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:16 am

The Guild Square Journal

(writen with eira)

Shen Condemns Zamastan
After an emergency session of the Imperial committee, the Shen Empire has condemned Zamastanan’s violation of the territorial waters of Xiomera.

In what the Celestial Palace is calling "A naked act of aggression, that serves only to exacerbate an already fragile situation" a task force of Zamastanian warships, entered into the territorial waters of the Xiomera, after which they were intercepted by a defensive task force, and after a brief standoff return to the open ocean, where the Xiomeran task force has continued to shadow them, making sure they do not violate their waters again.

Foreign minister Shi Riue said of the incident, " There is no reason for a military task force to be so close to a nation's territorial Waters as to risk accidentally crossing into them as the Zamastan has admitted to doing. We call on President Sakzi to abandon such provocative actions that threaten the peace and stability of the region. I would remind the President of the old shen proverb. Those who seek war often find it"

When asked for comment, Ambassador Aaron Pilon (Zamastans Ambassador to Shen) released the following statement

"Zamastan fully condemns Xiomera and fervently denies any extension of wrongdoing beyond sailing into Xiomeran waters. While, yes, we do acknowledge that our fleet entered Xiomeran territory, the fringe of which that we entered did not warrant the escalation that the Xiomerans put towards us. We condemn Empress Yauhmi for her violent and dangerous escalation of force that could have easily resulted in injury, death, and far worse."

With this new incident tensions between the two nations seem to be at an all-time high, Alice Lancaster of Eiria has called for a summit, to deescalate tensions. Foreign Minister Shi release a statement saying shen would attend any such summit.

Whether the two belligerent powers would agree to such a summit, is unknown.

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:06 pm

The Guild Square Journal

THE EMPRESS IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE EMPRESS!

"Last night, at approximately 11:00pm, local time, Wu Zhou God-empress of Shen, Khagan of Monogon, lord of the south dragon, Heaven's chosen arbiter, and mother of all her subjects, passed away peacefully in her sleep. God Empress Wu Zhao, as her first action has declared 10 days of mourning " - official Palace statement

This shocking news shakes the Empire to its very core. God Empress Wu zhou, who has ruled with virtue and strength for over 64 years, has finally passed on into the next World leaving her daughter Wu Zhao as the 113th Sovereign of Shen.

No ruler in the history of the Empire has sat on the throne during a more dramatic transformation of the empire. Empress Wu Zhou herself put it best when she famously said "I was born in an Empire of farms and I will die in Empire of factories"

Now as the nation enters 10 days of mourning all eyes turn to be new Sovereign of the empire. Wu Zhoa is the youngest of the deceased Empress has children at 42. She has had an active life involved in the nation's politics since she was a little girl including numerous foreign trips she undertook as a representative of her mother.

at sunrise today she was officially coordinated and rose to godhood, in the traditional ceremony held within the throne room of the Golden Tower.

The funeral has been set for November 30th with delegations from around the world expected to attend. Hotels are already filling up with bookings for people planning to travel to the capital to watch the funeral procession pass-through Sharanfo.

Many analysts are attempting to predict what pass the Empire will take with this new leader. But for now, the citizens are only morning for the loss of what many view as the greatest ruler the Empire has had in centuries.

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:37 pm

The Guild Square Journal

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Empress Wu Zhao announces plan for security Summit

Making her first public address in her new role as sovereign, God Empress Wu Zhao announced today that she will be hosting what she called " the Cataica security conference" in Sharanfo.

planning to host the conference personally Empress Wu said to gather press " the rapid increasing political tension over the last few weeks is unsustainable. It threatens the stability and Harmony of the region and puts Untold lives at risk. In the spirit of preserving Harmony, I have announced my plans to host a security conference open to all Nations. I implore all fellow members of the Cataician Community to join me in securing a lasting peace between our Nations. It is only the foolish who count peace as their enemy"

Imperial embassies all throughout Catacia have delivered invitations to the head of state and head of government of every respective member State asking them to attend this conference.

The conference is set to start on December 2nd two days after the funeral of Empress Wu Zhou, an event already planned to be attended by many of the key figures who have been invited to attend the conference.

at this time no nations have yet confrimed they will be attending or not

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:39 am

The Guild Square Journal

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shen developers secures licensing agreement with wildlands theme park company.

Jin he development holding Corporation announced today that they have reached a multi-year licensing agreement with the legionas based amusement park companies, wildlife entertainment Incorporated. Under the agreement Jin he development will be allowed to use wildlifes entertainments intellectual property including but not limited too their characters, ride names, and ride designs. This comes after weeks of discussion between the Development Group and Wildlife Incorporated who both have sought to develop and expand the tourist sector in shen.

In exchange for an annual licensing fee, Consulting on all additions to the park, and creative veto, characters theming and rides familiar to those who have visited the parks in legionas, will be visible in the park alongside localized elements tailored specifically for the shen market place.

This comes after the Jia He announce that they had raised 300 billion yuan of investment capitals on top of the 33 billion yuan the company already started with upon its foundation.

The Commerce Ministry has also announced a development incentive package that has been offered to the Development Corporation, which includes a new High-Speed Rail station close by the parks entrance, expanding and modernizing the road Network, and modernizing the nearby Changi Airport. Also they've announced a new special development Zone around the location of the new park that is set to be cleared, and prepare to be developed into a tourist destination filled with shops and hotels.

Leong On-kei, the chairwoman of the Development Group said during the Press announcement " we are so excited to bring such an established brand to shen, localizing the wildlife brand to create a fun and family-friendly environment familiar is a challenge I am glad you undertake."

Construction on the new wildlife Jia He park, is set to begin in January with a opening date set for april of 2020.

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:32 am

The Guild Square Journal

I.S S. DYNASTY to be renamed I.S.S. Wu Zhou [/

[size]I.S.S. Wu Zhou moored alongside the frigate I.S.S. Guardian[/

Admiral Ma He announced today that the ISS dynasty, the first ship of the Dynasty class cruiser line, will officially be re-designated ISS Wu Zhou, when it completes its sea trials at the end of January. The 24 thousand ton, missile Cruiser was launched from Sen Hia Shipyard in February of this year and has undergone 11 months of sea trials, in preparation for joining the Navy. Admiral Ma said the decision to redesignate the new Flagship was reached by a unanimous vote a few weeks ago and the Armada has been waiting to announce it.

The Admiral said that this will honor the late Empress is dedication to the Imperial Armada, with the deceased Empress herself ordering the three 252 meter long, missile Cruisers in 2014 to serve as the backbone of an expanded shen fleet.

The ISS Boa Boa, and the ISS Ching Shih, are set to Launch and enter sea trials in February and March, with all three ships planning on being in full service by July 2021 at the latest.

The dynasty class missile Cruiser represents stage one of the 2030 project, a 15 year navel modernization plan currently underway.

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:39 am

The Guild Square Journal

Shen forces embark for Vulkaria
The Heavenly Palace has released an official statement indicating that four brigades of the red banner Army under the command of Brigadier General Chang Funhau, escorted by a support flotilla of the Imperial Armada under the command of admiral Yesee Fung, has begun its Journey to Vulkar.

The military Mission containing 20,000 troops, will involve 4 brigades, with integrated armor and air cavalry battalions to support their efforts. This will mark the larget intervention in a foreign war by the shen empire, since the Rhandi wars of the 1950’s

The support flotilla will consist of the new missile cruiser, Wu Zhou as its flagship, as well as one other Cruiser, three frigates, 4 destroyers, 20 corvettes, and an undisclosed number of river Corvettes and River gunboats designed to support operations on land.

General Chang has over 35 years of service in the Imperial Army battling insurgents. He was handpicked by the Empress to lead Imperial forces.

Shen
Ingénue

Post by Shen » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:40 pm

The Guild Square Journal

The year of the rat is upon us.
Oponion
From the tiniest Village of Shen and Lareal to the great Metropolises of the Allied cities, people all over the world are watching the sky be illuminated as we enter The Year of the Rat.

Fireworks over the Celestial Palace Complex

In a year marked by turbulent Economic Times and Nations coming to the brink of War, the citizens of the Empire have taken this day to relax and reflect. The skies above the Imperial City glowed with brilliant displays of Shining Stark's well into the early hours of the morning. All over the world cities were treated to brilliant displays of fireworks, hosted by Lareal and Shen.

Empress Wu Zhao gave her first New Year's address to the Empire. A tradition started by her mother the new sovereign of Shen, ask for the people to keep those fighting in Vulkar in there thoughts and prayers, as well as employing people to take the time to celebrate the fantastic year the Empire enjoyed.

The Commerce Department released its 2019 report indicating that the GDP grew 7.7% this year. Slumping below the 8.4% market projections made this time last year the unforeseen consequences of the trade War between Zamastan and Xiomera and the increased tensions across the world has caused a reduction in investor confidence as well as available capital.

The Commerce Department announced a planned tax credit to incentivize further growth this year.

Also in Tradition that stretch back over a millennium, ambassador Lin Yingjie, of Laeral, join the empress for a meal, as has every Lareal Ambassador, since the two dragons started to exchange officials to each other's courts.

Likewise, presidents, Liu Mei-Han reciprocated the tradition hosting the Imperial Ambassador for a meal.

as the new year starts we see the world United in common cause in Vulkar, growing together prosperously in the Allied cities, and forging New Economic and political bonds.

with this Spirit of cooperation we go into the year of the rat. May we all be blessed with luck.