The Aunistrian Times

National Newswires - Information from YOUR nation! [In-Character]
The Federation of Legionas
Ingénue

The Aunistrian Times

Post by The Federation of Legionas » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:03 pm

BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN AUNISTRIA

On the 12th of November 2019, the capital of the Federation of Legionas was officially moved from Bayview to Aunistria, a more central location, to make it easier for the population to travel to the capital. For almost ten years Aunistria was developed into the dream that former prime minister Don Ruto envisioned. Today, although the capital is only ten days old, majestic structures dot the skyline and iconic buildings give the city an almost timeless feel. In five images we will show you the areas that you most definitely need to visit.

1. The Parliament Square

Situated on the East bank of the Tyria River, the building is a masterpiece of Legionite architecture. Designed by a conceit of Legionas' best architects who designed probably the most beautiful building in Aunistria. Hailed by many as a living example of the greatness of Legionas, few can dispute that notion.

2. Saint Louis Cathedral

Designed by Pierre Siampos, this imposing structure is one of the most beautiful churches in Legionas. A nearby park and restaurant will make your Sunday's an interesting experience.

3. Two Rivers Mall

The monumental 250,000sqm shopping center consists of medium density residential homes, office blocks, a shopping center, as well as a three-star and a five-star hotel which offers a wide range of family fun activities including a dancing fountain,theme park, and a fascinating skate park.

4. The Needle

The mixed use development set in the city center allows elite residences the epitome of urban opulence, crafted to exude luxury in a private sanctuary yet beckoned by a world of glitz and glamour at their doorstep and bringing versatility to business at the precipice of the city center.

5. Freedom Gardens

If you're looking for a place to unwind after a long day of work, Freedom Gardens is your best bet. Located close to the city center, the 500 acre urban park is one of the most serene places in the city. Your best bet is to have a walk around while sampling the diverse flora and fauna.
In Varietate Concordia

Ingénue

Re: The Aunistrian Times

Post by The Federation of Legionas » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:27 pm

ZAMASTANIAN JETS INTERCEPT THE THIRD FLEET

Yesterday jets belonging to the Imperial Republic of Zamastan intercepted the Third fleet which was performing patrols in the South Xiomeran Sea. The jets at one point came within 30 feet of the flagship- LN Illustrious.

Images posted from LN Illustrious show that a Zamastanian Zian-3R attack aircraft makes a low-altitude pass by LN Illustrious. Four Zamastanian planes were involved in the flyby which occurred late afternoon. Admiral Andrew McRaven of the 1st Fleet condemned the fly-by on twitter and called it an unnecessary escalation of tensions in a fragile region.

Tensions between Zamastan and Xiomera are high after an incidet occured in the South Xiomeran sea in which Zamastanian 2nd Fleet and Xiomeran security ships had a dangerous encounter, and the intervening period had seen an increase in the number of uncomfortable and even unsafe encounters between forces

A Zamastanian Zian-3R attack aircraft makes a low-altitude pass by LN Illustrious, November 22nd, 2019

The Navy's top brass is currently in an emergency meeting with Prime Minister Nicholas Moretti to discuss how to react to the stunt pulled by Zamastan. Press Secretary Eugene Adruzza spoke to the media today and told us that the Prime Minister was currently in Verdesia meeting with King Alexander who was bedridden following a stroke two weeks ago.

The Prime Minister's plane spotted at Verdesia Airport

He further added that the 2nd fleet was ordered to return to the Aegir and that the 4th fleet would resume patrols in the South Xiomeran Sea. The 4th fleet is currently the most combat ready fleet in the navy and is the only fleet that has been fully modernized containing the new carriers, LN Renown and LN King Alexander.

LN King Alexander spotted leaving Isipro Naval Base, believed to be rendezvousing with the 4th fleet

Meanwhile Legionites on Twitter are in rage following the news and #BURNTHEMDOWN is currently trending in the nation in response to the news. One user was enraged and exclaimed 'These Zamastanian A-Holes need to be taught a lesson!'
In Varietate Concordia

Ingénue

Post by The Federation of Legionas » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:57 pm

NICHOLAS MORETTI CONFIRMS ATTENDANCE FOR REGIONAL CONFERENCES, CONDEMNS ZAMASTAN
"We believe peace can be protected." The Prime Minister adds
Prime Minister Nicholas Moretti has confirmed that he will attend both regional conferences being hosted by both Laeral and Shen respectively as a response to the unnecessary escalation of tensions by Zamastan in the South Xiomenan Sea.

In a televised speech this morning Nicholas Moretti, dressed in a casual outfit instead of his usual suit and tie, spoke at length on the events that had occurred in the last few days namely the event that occurred between the 3rd fleet and a squadron of jets from the Zamastanian Air Force, the passing of Empress Wu Zhao and his upcoming series of state visits which are to be revealed next week on the 30th of November.

On the Zamastan issue, the prime minister said, "President Foley Sazki, only recently becoming president, is gaining a fierce reputation as a hard-headed,unapologetic and potentially dangerous man akin to a child being given weapons. I implore him under the morality of common sense to reconsider his stance as this is a volatile region he is disrupting. The Zamastanian Air force even had the guts to pull a dangerous fly-by on our third fleet. We Legionites are a people of peace but are no strangers to war, we can take a punch and lay out a damn good one. I know war is a preposterous idea at this stage but, knowing the Zamastanians at this point are egging this defiance on, we must keep our guard up. We believe peace can be protected and I hope we may resolve these incidents amicably at the security conference in Laeral for the sake of peace and if we can't, may God save us all. I officially condemn the Imperial Republic of Zamastan and President Foley Sazki in particular.

The Prime Minister's hard hitting words indicate that there is no love lost between the two premiers.
In Varietate Concordia

Ingénue

Post by The Federation of Legionas » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:07 pm

PRIME MINISTER TO COMMENCE HIS FIRST IDU TOUR

Prime Minister Nicholas Moretti is set to jet out of the country for a series of state visits tomorrow for the first time after assuming power. He is expected to visit Sunemia, Laeral, Shen Empire, Xiomera, Libertas Omnium Maximus, United New England, Eiria and Zamastan in that order to discuss various bilateral agreements and secure funding for a series of projects that are a part of the Five Year plan as well as sign MoUs which address technical co-operation in tourism, sports, culture, heritage, and political consultations.

Nicholas Moretti is to be accompanied by his secretary of state Evelyn Zimmerman, foreign minister Barry Thompson and Prince Paul. Due to the conference at Maivers to be held in Laeral, the delegation will visit Sunemia first for a three day visit then rendezvous with all relevant personnel at the Château de Maivers where the conference will take place. Details are scarce though, and we have not been informed of the agenda of the conference which has been speculated to be a direct response to the tensions in the South Xiomeran Sea.

The Prime Minister will take off from Bayview International Airport tomorrow at 10:00 am en-route for Nashai, the capital of Sunemia.

The brand new Bayview International Airport

The delegation is set to visit the cities of Nashai, New Darwin, Floiris and finally Nehion.

One of the main points on the agenda is speculated to be agriculture, fishing and renewable energy as well as finalizing of a trade agreement to cement the increased relations between the two nations.
In Varietate Concordia

Ingénue

Post by The Federation of Legionas » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:35 pm

DELEGATION ARRIVES IN NASHAI AHEAD OF SERIES OF TALKS WITH SUNEMIAN LEADER

Prime Minister Nicholas Moretti has arrived in Nashai as the head of a delegation invited by Rayana Christson, the prime minister of Sunemia, to discuss various topics of interest mainly the signing of a trade deal.

Nicholas Moretti waves to the media soon after disembarking from his plane

The delegation was met by Rayana Christon and a regiment of the Sunemian National Guard, one of whom presented Nicholas Moretti with a bouquet of flowers.

The delegation will be accommodated in the transitional housing reserved for foreign leaders and they will be in Sunemia for a two day visit after which they are expected to head to Laeral for the Maivers Conference
In Varietate Concordia

Ingénue

Post by The Federation of Legionas » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:48 pm

PRESIDENT MULLER ANNOUNCES WITHDRAWAL FROM SHARANFO CONFERENCE

President William Muller, with the permission of Prime Minister Moretti, has announced to the nation that Legionas will not attend the Sharanfo Conference and will only attend the Maivers Conference in Laeral as a peaceful strategy that will ensure peace and stability in East Catica.

Speaking at the Press Hall at Parliament Square, President Muller urged restraint and common sense to all leaders involved in the current crisis. The announcement was a shock to many and has led to the shifting of power in the crisis to a status quo, which some analysts have indicated may mean the crisis will be more fair to both parties.

President Muller delivering his speech

"Fellow Legionites as you may have heard in the news over the last few days, tensions are running high in Catica as a result of Zamastan's actions in the South Xiomeran sea. I have been mandated by Prime Minister Moretti to announce the following as he is in Sunemia to discuss various agendas with the Rayana Christson, the Sunemian Prime Minister. The Federation of Legionas, a bastion of democracy and human rights in East Catica, has pulled out from the Sharanfo Conference which is being held in Shen and will only attend the Maivers Conference which is being held in Laeral which we believe is the only conference that has the preservation of peace in the region as the main agenda. This is not to indicate that we are now backing down from Zamastan. We are simply moving towards peace and greater stability in the region which we do believe can be achieved. In Varietate Concordia!"

This action may lead to the delaying of the Sharanfo Conference.
In Varietate Concordia

Ingénue

Post by The Federation of Legionas » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:10 pm

THE AUNISTRIAN TIMES
12/2/2019

PRIME MINISTER DEPARTS SUNEMIA, HEADING TO LIBERTAS OMNIUM MAXIMUS FOR NEXT PHASE OF IDU TOUR

Prime Minister Moretti Thanks Sunemian Leader for hospitality and "Very significant round of talks"

Prime Minister Nicholas Moretti has departed from Nashai to Lititudinem after spending a few days in Sunemia discussing various agendas which have not yet been told to the public.

Prime Minister Nicholas Moretti thanked Rayana Christon for her hospitality and promised to return in future. He now heads to Libertas Omnium Maximus to meet Lukas Brown to iron out some deals which are unknown so far.

The Prime Minister's plane departed at 2200hours.
In Varietate Concordia

Ingénue

Post by The Federation of Legionas » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:48 am

The Palace of Verdesia

Royal Garden

1500 hours

Time is not on King Alexander II's side. At 76 years old and having suffered a stroke only a month ago, it was glaringly clear that the Old Guard was to bow out soon. His spirit, although, was as strong as ever. During his tenure he has seen Legionas develop into a powerful force in every aspect. With the passing of his wife, Queen Isabella, he became more devoted to his work and his son, Prince Paul. How will my son handle everything when I'm gone? With the ever-increasing issues the world faces, being a leader is like walking blindfolded n a minefield.Damn it, when will he get here?

At the edge of his view, he spotted him. Prince Paul walked with the confidence and swagger that reminded King Alex of his youth. Paul resembled his father, from the copper-brown mane to the six-foot physique. King Alex remembered the escapades of his son's youth and looked at him now, age having refined the young man's rough edges.You cannot tell the character of a man from the character of his youth, King Alex thought.

"You summoned me, father,"Prince Paul said while getting on one knee

"Come on, Paul. I'm your old man, you don't have to do that." King Alex said, laboring to stand up.

"Let me help you up," Prince Paul said while rising and offering his hand the aging King,"Did you miss me or something, I'm supposed to be in Lititudinem with Nick and the others," he added

"Firstly, give me a hug you little devil," King Alex laughed, "And why do you have a beard, It's not royal protocol."

"No one will notice, and I think it looks good on me." Paul said while embracing his father.

"You look like a lumberjack, but you can keep it as long as you maintain it. Sit down, we need to talk." King Alex said while gesturing to an empty chair.

"I see you've brought out the Eirian liquor, what's wrong?" Prince Paul asked jokingly.

"I'm afraid recent events in the South Xiomeran Sea has led to a lot of tensions in the world today. For that reason I will need you to head the delegation that will be attending the Maivers Conference in Laeral. You will be leaving in a few hours, your plane is almost ready. I will have Ambassador Von Hoyt arrange your accommodation as the conference doesn't start until after a few days. You will also be going with Leonard Michaels, The Defense Minister, and President Muller." King Alex said while filling two glasses with the Eirian Liquor and sliding one to his son.

"Are you sure,dad? I'm not really the most qualified person to lead a delegation, especially one that would be dealing with so much." Prince Paul said,confused.

"Oh come off it, son. You are one of the most intelligent people in the world. You are a problem solver, and I need you to start being seen by the media doing important things. Lets face it, I won't be here soon. You are my only son, and the heir to the throne. You must start your duties early so that my death will not be a serious issue. I will remain behind and host Empress Yahumi when she visits." King Alex said while taking periodical swigs from his glass.

"If you believe in me, I will do it! I love you dad." Prince Paul said, tears in his eyes. "I can't believe that one day, I won't have you to tell me what to do."

"I love you too, but remember that we are human. I've made mistakes, you have as well. In my old age I have learned the importance of learning from mistakes and never repeating them. I have seen many fall because of their ignorance and stubbornness. This world is changing, son. We can either adapt, or perish like many others in history. All this... this palace, this title, this life I have led, you will lead. Responsibility is important in this line of work, so is honor. I want you to always remember that. Now drink your whisky, give your old man a hug, pack your bags and catch your plane. Don't forget to call me when you get there."

"You old bastard, you always know how to make me shed a tear or two with your lectures. I have a few hours, how about we spend some time together before I go."

"Do you have anything in mind, son?"

"How about hunting."

"Tell Eliza to get us two hunting rifles, I'll go put on a coat and we can get on with it."

"OK, father. See you in a few." With that, Prince Paul dashed to the servants quarters.

King Alexander II, King of Kings, Sovereign on Mount Rosmana, watched him leave. He then knew that Legionas was in safe hands. Cane in hand, he began to move towards his Chamber
In Varietate Concordia

Ingénue

Post by The Federation of Legionas » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:42 pm

MINISTER OF HOUSING UNVEILS NEW HOUSING PROJECTS IN THREE CITIES

The Minister of Housing, Mr Allan Morrison, has announced a new housing project set to affect the cities of Drugamvy, Horadam and Tromzosa.

The industrial city of Tromzosa will benefit from this beautiful project dubbed," Tromzosan eco-suburb" which will be handed over to the Tromzosan City council to hand out to low-income middle class families. The statement adds that about 250,000 units will be given out.

The city of Horadam, which has been growing exponentially, has been earmarked as an important city hence why the project has been initiated. "Vision city Horadam" will be sold to poor families on a 15 year plan on completion. 300,000 units will be sold

The city of Drugamvy, the Tourist capital of Legionas, will receive this project to decongest the city center and add to the beautiful scenery. "Drugamvian eco-suburb" will contain 500,000 units to be sold to low income families
In Varietate Concordia