Map 2018

Maps, flags, and national information. OOC national development
Grosseschnauzer
Forum Moderator

Map 2018

Post by Grosseschnauzer » Sun May 13, 2018 9:51 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Grosseschnauzer</dt><dd>Feb 6 2018, 02:40:11 AM</dd></dl><div>***

These include: For these nations of the schnauzerlands not actually currently represented on the map, place under the name of The Democratic Federation of Neu Grosseschnauzer, this includes
The Republic of A Schnauzer
The Dominion of All Schnauzers
The Community of Any Schnauzer
The Free Land of Any Schnauzers
The Free Land of Schnauzers
The Principality of The Schnauzer
The Commonwealth of The Schnauzerlands
The Universal Dominion of The Schnauzers
The National Township of Zwergschnauzer
The National Township of Riesenschnauzer
The Free Land of Schnauzer
For these puppets, I seek to claim that unclaimed area bordered by Sanctaria, Schnauzer States, Purple Schnauzers/Edelweissstadt (see net paragraph), and Grosseschnauzer along the body of water that is presentto the South and west of Grosseschnauzer. This will make the schnauzerlands a continguous whole.

Rather than have new territory for this puppet (Edeelweissstadt), please take the southernmost two islands of Purple Schnauzers and wouth of Kindeliebstadt and makes those two islands "Edelweissstadt"

In addition, these two nations, not part of the schnauzerlands federation would also to be placed on the regional map on the regional map for ongoinf gameplay/roleplay purposes (based on a discussion with Bears over the past couple of years.).

The Protected Nest of Purple Eagles would like to claim the two lite green shaded islands in the Agrimai Sea t

The Community of The Hurricanes would like to claim the largest island to the southwest in the Ayyubids Ocean

[/quote]

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Sun May 13, 2018 10:07 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Grosseschnauzer</dt><dd>May 13 2018, 11:51:24 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Grosseschnauzer</dt><dd>Feb 6 2018, 02:40:11 AM</dd></dl><div>***

These include: For these nations of the schnauzerlands not actually currently represented on the map, place under the name of The Democratic Federation of Neu Grosseschnauzer, this includes
The Republic of A Schnauzer
The Dominion of All Schnauzers
The Community of Any Schnauzer
The Free Land of Any Schnauzers
The Free Land of Schnauzers
The Principality of The Schnauzer
The Commonwealth of The Schnauzerlands
The Universal Dominion of The Schnauzers
The National Township of Zwergschnauzer
The National Township of Riesenschnauzer
The Free Land of Schnauzer
For these puppets, I seek to claim that unclaimed area bordered by Sanctaria, Schnauzer States, Purple Schnauzers/Edelweissstadt (see net paragraph), and Grosseschnauzer along the body of water that is presentto the South and west of Grosseschnauzer. This will make the schnauzerlands a continguous whole.

Rather than have new territory for this puppet (Edeelweissstadt), please take the southernmost two islands of Purple Schnauzers and wouth of Kindeliebstadt and makes those two islands "Edelweissstadt"

In addition, these two nations, not part of the schnauzerlands federation would also to be placed on the regional map on the regional map for ongoinf gameplay/roleplay purposes (based on a discussion with Bears over the past couple of years.).

The Protected Nest of Purple Eagles would like to claim the two lite green shaded islands in the Agrimai Sea t

The Community of The Hurricanes would like to claim the largest island to the southwest in the Ayyubids Ocean

[/quote][/quote]The 2 green islands you are claiming already belong to someone else - Groot Gouda, who is an active and non-CTE'd nation. I did say please do not claim territory already claimed by someone else.

Secondly, you already have 6 (possible 7, I don't know if TAR is yours or not) different nations represented on the map. While I will entertain requests for new puppets, I'm talking about 2, maybe 3 max.

I appreciate you're a member in long standing, and I have freed up a lot of the map, but I feel you're already well represented, with a considerable amount of land already taken up.

Sancti Imperii Catholico

Map 2018

Post by Sancti Imperii Catholico » Sun May 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Thank you Sanct&#33;

On the topic of moving, could I relocate to here? Thank you&#33;

-SCI

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Sun May 13, 2018 10:33 pm

There's no image.

Sancti Imperii Catholico

Map 2018

Post by Sancti Imperii Catholico » Sun May 13, 2018 11:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Sanctaria</dt><dd>May 14 2018, 12:33:31 AM</dd></dl><div>There's no image.[/quote]Ah, my bad. See if the link works: https://imgur.com/a/ckRXWiz

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Sun May 13, 2018 11:28 pm

Map updated.

Grosseschnauzer
Forum Moderator

Map 2018

Post by Grosseschnauzer » Mon May 14, 2018 5:46 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Sanctaria</dt><dd>May 14 2018, 12:07:46 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Grosseschnauzer</dt><dd>May 13 2018, 11:51:24 PM</dd></dl><div>
Quoting limited to 2 levels deep[/quote]The 2 green islands you are claiming already belong to someone else - Groot Gouda, who is an active and non-CTE'd nation. I did say please do not claim territory already claimed by someone else.

Secondly, you already have 6 (possible 7, I don't know if TAR is yours or not) different nations represented on the map. While I will entertain requests for new puppets, I'm talking about 2, maybe 3 max.

I appreciate you're a member in long standing, and I have freed up a lot of the map, but I feel you're already well represented, with a considerable amount of land already taken up.[/quote]Seems to me that you are being arbitrary and capricous as hell.

You stated no such limitations whatsoever in your earlier post.

Second, the two islands in green weren't labled, and the mainland territory of Groot is far away from those islands, so how is one to know? I'm more than willing to accept another island or two for that particular puppet for planned ongoing roleplay purposes (ask Bears, for we that that conversations a couple of years ago) ANd for the other one, you didn't even esponse. That one has to be in the tropics (hurricanes, after all) and neither of them are schnauzerlands to begin with.

And I do not see why you can't subdivided the two existing islands that are already in the schnauzerlands as I ask. That isn't even a grant of new space just a new internal border.

I still disagree that the request for Neu Grosseschnauzer is even unreasonable in any way. The amount of territory sought is minimal and continguous with existing areas. Or is this a situation where you are treating us unequally and irrationally s opposed to everyone else?

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Mon May 14, 2018 9:09 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Grosseschnauzer</dt><dd>May 14 2018, 07:46:17 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Sanctaria</dt><dd>May 14 2018, 12:07:46 AM</dd></dl><div>
Quoting limited to 2 levels deep[/quote]Seems to me that you are being arbitrary and capricous as hell.

You stated no such limitations whatsoever in your earlier post.

Second, the two islands in green weren't labled, and the mainland territory of Groot is far away from those islands, so how is one to know? I'm more than willing to accept another island or two for that particular puppet for planned ongoing roleplay purposes (ask Bears, for we that that conversations a couple of years ago) ANd for the other one, you didn't even esponse. That one has to be in the tropics (hurricanes, after all) and neither of them are schnauzerlands to begin with.

And I do not see why you can't subdivided the two existing islands that are already in the schnauzerlands as I ask. That isn't even a grant of new space just a new internal border.

I still disagree that the request for Neu Grosseschnauzer is even unreasonable in any way. The amount of territory sought is minimal and continguous with existing areas. Or is this a situation where you are treating us unequally and irrationally s opposed to everyone else?[/quote]If you read up, I denied Laeral's request for more land too, so I don't believe this is an issue of people treating you unfairly or capriciously.

Secondly, "how is one to know" - I'm sure I said on the RMB, and elsewhere, that anything not coloured in was free to claim.

Thirdly, I respect completely any conversations you might have had with Bears Armed, but I am the cartographer, not he.

I can subdivide the existing islands for you, that won't be a problem.

Finally, if I grant that to you (which is contested, other plays have asked for land in that area, but I have declined to offer it to anyone while it is contested), you will have a significant portion of land, more than anyone else, and that is not equitable. If you disbelieve me, I can mock up a crude diagram to show how disproportionate the divvying out would have been.

Capping the number of nations I will add to 3 per person, including their main nation, is very generous compared to other regional maps. You have twice that and I'm grandfathering you in. You're not losing any. I don't think you're being treated unequally at all, I think actually you're being treated as a special case. I have literally no reason to treat you different - I've capped Bears Armed too - he's not getting any more land either.

Edit: I also just want to say that this is a time consuming job and that, while I'm happy to do it, I don't have time for arguments over map placements or people not getting what they want. Please can people respect the fact I work full-time and do this in my free-time? I spent almost my entire weekend - my birthday weekend, in actuality - working on this map for people. It's volunteering for a web-game and I'd appreciate if people took it in that spirit and not that I'm out to get anyone, which is ridiculous. I'm NS site staff for goodness sake, if I singled people out and treated them unfairly I'd be in trouble.
Last edited by Sanctaria on Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Mon May 14, 2018 9:49 am

Map is updated with LLoegr-Cymru being removed and Edelweissstadt being added.

Sancti Imperii Catholico

Map 2018

Post by Sancti Imperii Catholico » Mon May 14, 2018 7:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Sanctaria</dt><dd>May 14 2018, 11:09:12 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Grosseschnauzer</dt><dd>May 14 2018, 07:46:17 AM</dd></dl><div>
Quoting limited to 2 levels deep[/quote]If you read up, I denied Laeral's request for more land too, so I don't believe this is an issue of people treating you unfairly or capriciously.

Secondly, "how is one to know" - I'm sure I said on the RMB, and elsewhere, that anything not coloured in was free to claim.

Thirdly, I respect completely any conversations you might have had with Bears Armed, but I am the cartographer, not he.

I can subdivide the existing islands for you, that won't be a problem.

Finally, if I grant that to you (which is contested, other plays have asked for land in that area, but I have declined to offer it to anyone while it is contested), you will have a significant portion of land, more than anyone else, and that is not equitable. If you disbelieve me, I can mock up a crude diagram to show how disproportionate the divvying out would have been.

Capping the number of nations I will add to 3 per person, including their main nation, is very generous compared to other regional maps. You have twice that and I'm grandfathering you in. You're not losing any. I don't think you're being treated unequally at all, I think actually you're being treated as a special case. I have literally no reason to treat you different - I've capped Bears Armed too - he's not getting any more land either.

Edit: I also just want to say that this is a time consuming job and that, while I'm happy to do it, I don't have time for arguments over map placements or people not getting what they want. Please can people respect the fact I work full-time and do this in my free-time? I spent almost my entire weekend - my birthday weekend, in actuality - working on this map for people. It's volunteering for a web-game and I'd appreciate if people took it in that spirit and not that I'm out to get anyone, which is ridiculous. I'm NS site staff for goodness sake, if I singled people out and treated them unfairly I'd be in trouble.[/quote]100% agree with you Sanct. You deserve respect. In fact, I would?ve already had a commendation drafted up by now with Laeral if one wasn?t already passed. Thank you for your time and thoughtfulness. I personally would never have the patience for this, so seeing someone take their time is spectacular. Thank you Sanct&#33;

Bears Armed
Forum Moderator

Map 2018

Post by Bears Armed » Tue May 15, 2018 12:31 pm

You seem to have removed the name, and location of the capital city ('Democracity'), for The Free Land of [nation]The IDU[/nation]...

:b2:

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Tue May 15, 2018 1:01 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Bears Armed</dt><dd>May 15 2018, 02:31:37 PM</dd></dl><div>You seem to have removed the name, and location of the capital city ('Democracity'), for The Free Land of [nation]The IDU[/nation]...

:b2: [/quote]I never removed it - it was never in this version.

Libertas Omnium Maximus

Map 2018

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Tue May 15, 2018 9:11 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Sanctaria</dt><dd>May 13 2018, 03:25:58 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Libertas Omnium Maximus</dt><dd>May 13 2018, 03:15:32 PM</dd></dl><div>
Quoting limited to 2 levels deep[/quote]Someone else has enquired about that spot (two people actually) so I'd rather not make a decision at this moment. One of those people had a claim for that spot going back a number of years so I'm hesitant to make a call one way or the other - I'd rather not give it to anyone until I absolutely have to.

Is there another spot we can offer you? As I said in the previous post, there's a space between Laeral and Bears Armed, or if you want a coastline, I can offer you the space above Gonhog, or else opposite Grosse on the other side of Democracy Bay.

EDIT: or the space between Ertaland and Paradica. There's a couple islands there too I can throw in.[/quote]

Can I please have part of the peninsula between Lauchenoiria and SIC. Maybe an Island or two?
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Tue May 15, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slokais Islands

Map 2018

Post by Slokais Islands » Tue May 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Could I have the Island of Gygeaual? If not, the 3 empty islands West of Lauchenoira.

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Tue May 15, 2018 10:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Libertas Omnium Maximus</dt><dd>May 15 2018, 11:11:08 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Sanctaria</dt><dd>May 13 2018, 03:25:58 PM</dd></dl><div>
Quoting limited to 2 levels deep[/quote]

Can I please have part of the peninsula between Lauchenoiria and SIC. Maybe an Island or two?
[/quote]Done.